Pioneer Elite M91

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Sure Douglas, I have the M-90 and I have owned it for the past six years. Only one repair done to it consisting of $8 worth of parts two years ago. I run my Pioneer HPM-150 speakers through the M-90 and they are a good match. I haven't looked to see what they are selling for these days, but I'm sure you've read the specs on it to know a good one would be pricey. The Pioneer Elite M-91 and the Reference M-90 amplifiers are the same , just branded differently.

Click on image to play video:

Nando.

Tagline
---
an M-90/91~C-90/91 AMP/PRE combo would probably be just the thing to tear me away from receiver-based amplification once and for all.

too bad they tend to command such serious beans even today...

braxus

Journeyman
I have a M-90 as well, but has had some damage in shipping and it also needed some repairs. Not sure if I'll ever do anything with the amp or not. For now it sits in the crawl space.

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
Doug: That's a reasonable price for the pair. Quite often I see the pairings show up more often than the preamplifier and amplifier being sold separately. Looks like they may have been sold.

Nando.
Seems more than fair, Nando. I am going to keep this one on the short list and if one is available locally, I may try and swing a deal.

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
Just posted a wanted ad on CL, we'll see if I get any nibbles. I may be going to pick up a loaner Denon from a local yokel that has a baaaad audio habit. There is the possibility that he may have every amp on my wish list and is usually up to sell a piece or two. Might get lucky and see my PL, Denon, Onkyo, Pioneer, etc. in his collection.