PIONEER CLD-919

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Very nice, Steve. What was the North American equivalent to your CLD-919? I use a Pioneer Reference CLD player in my home entertainment system. I love watching the old James Bond movies.

Nando.

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
Thanks, You know if there is a North American equiv. I really do not know what it would be. I was using an older Pioneer 700 because I found one in silver, and I kinda have a thing for Pioneer silver. It started acting up which turned out to a dirty lazer lens but it got me started looking around for something that was more complimentary to all the SX stuff I like. I found this in Japan, all I have read says Japan and Europe and I think the UK were the only ones to get to enjoy them, never offered in North America. It works very well which is a good thing because it was only available in 90 and 91 if I remember right, I've had it for 3 years and as with most all Pioneer its been good.

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
Gee Nando ... The suspense is killin me, I was hoping you were gonna shed some light on it

Elite-ist

Staff member
It may be a fluke, but my CLD-95 has a resemblance to your CLD-919. About the same vintage, but I would have to compare them side-by-side to see if we have cousins from the same manufacturer.

Nando.

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
photo6.jpg photo15.jpg photo16.jpg photo17.jpg
Well I do believe you are on to something, I knew you would not disappoint, I have read alot of your posts and decided you have a wealth of knowledge concerning Pioneer equipment but I may have to snag and print a pic of your remote so I can keep it close by I cant read mine ...LOL. Even the owners manual is completely written in Japanese, I have to say I think we have a match. I'm glad you brought this out as Lee can attest, resources are very limited where I live, possibility of parts interchange as well. I was thinking of that as well when I bought this unit I ended up buying 2 so I could have some access to parts incase of (God forbid) a problem.

Elite-ist

Staff member
If you need a close-up picture of the remote control, I can do that. If indeed your 919 is the Japanese version of the 95 then check this out. Most of the parts are NLA, but some may be available as noted on the listing:

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model.asp?modelNum=CLD95

I contacted Pioneer to get an operating manual for my CLD-95. I can't remember if I have one stashed away here. I did however buy the remote control for it from Pioneer as it was still available about six years ago.

Nando.

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
WOW yea that would be great, like I say I cant even read the manual to find out what all it does. Some functions are self explanatory by the symbols.
I check that link and tried my model but it said no record or something like that

Elite-ist

Staff member
Here you go:

Trying your model # CLD919 doesn't bring anything up because it's a non-North American model. That's why I used the link to the CLD95.

Nando.

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
Hey Thanks Nando ...Been thinking I ought to play Vanishing Point this evening so I will try some new functions ... I get it, that link is North American only

Elite-ist

Staff member
Nice choice in movies. Perhaps, tomorrow night's feature presentation, "Bullitt"

Nando.

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
Bullitt is excellent also .... They just dont seem to want to do anything with style anymore, Hell I think most old B movies are better than most current stuff
I feel they rely to heavily on computer effects and not near enuf on acting ability ... Maybe not enuf acting ability out there to rely on ????

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
Just hit pause at the end of side A .... Thanks again Nando after using the pic of your remote I learned that the machine can take a mono recorded LD and play back in stereo (synth I guess) but it is nice. I run the audio thru the 1280 and video thru the AVR3805 mainly because my monitor only has 1 composite input so between the whole setup I'm running 5 Klipsch and it sounds better much better in stereo. Also was able to use the jog feature, Handy.

Elite-ist

Staff member
You're welcome, Steven. You have an awesome home entertainment AV system. I bet it has been awhile since you last stepped into a movie theatre.

Nando.

mudshark

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOWTECH REDNECK
LOL ..... Yea been about 12-14 years, I think I've got the theater beat, Man thats a hell of a way to treat a challenger, wouldnt you say??