Pics of your Favorite Cassette Tapes

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Hi 20! Welcome, and excellent choices. I'm very partial to TDKs myself, but I never throw anything out, or turn down a gift of tapes, which happens alot on this forum, you'll see in some post of my (search RAOK) and see some lovely ones :love10:

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I have used a number of these Sony HF tapes over the past year. I don't have many of the C-90s left, but more in the C-60s.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Thanks, Sep. I like these Sonys, as well. They're inexpensive and they are a nice Type IV cassette:

Nando.

VintageShadow

Chief Journeyman
Thanks, Sep. I like these Sonys, as well. They're inexpensive and they are a nice Type IV cassette:

Nando.
Yes i know them very well, not that i'm using them currently but i have a mixtape received from a friend [Vince666] recorded on one of those and it sound so good indeed.

Nice score you have there. :cool:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Here is one of my favorite tapes and I just found these on ebay for very little coin. I have never seen them in the 50 minute variety before.

tdk saX1.JPG

sax2.JPG

Elite-ist

Staff member
Here is one of my favorite tapes and I just found these on ebay for very little coin. I have never seen them in the 50 minute variety before.

View attachment 8883

View attachment 8884
John: I don't have much for TDK SA-X, and certainly none in the 50 minute range. A great bunch, there. Oh... and the two boxes of Sony Metal XR 60s were the ones I purchased from you. Thanks!

Nando.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Nando the TDK Sa-X tapes were begging to be bought. I wasn't in the market for them, but I was browsing ebay and it was one of those auctions ebay brings up on your page and says you might be interested in these. Well I clicked on the link and the seller had a very fair BIN price so I couldn't resist. It also helped that the auction title made no reference to TDK.

How do you like the Sony tapes? I still have 5 boxes left, although I guess that means I sold 65 boxes of them along the way. I would have bought more but the seller kept pulling more out of a hat or box car so to speak. And the other buyers were only interested in selling 50 or 100 at a time.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Nando the TDK Sa-X tapes were begging to be bought. I wasn't in the market for them, but I was browsing ebay and it was one of those auctions ebay brings up on your page and says you might be interested in these. Well I clicked on the link and the seller had a very fair BIN price so I couldn't resist. It also helped that the auction title made no reference to TDK.

How do you like the Sony tapes? I still have 5 boxes left, although I guess that means I sold 65 boxes of them along the way. I would have bought more but the seller kept pulling more out of a hat or box car so to speak. And the other buyers were only interested in selling 50 or 100 at a time.
I have some of the older TDK SA-X tapes I am holding onto. As far as the Sony Metal XR tapes: nothing comes close to the quality in that price range for sealed cassettes. How many more boxes do you want to sell, John?

Nando.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I have some of the older TDK SA-X tapes I am holding onto. As far as the Sony Metal XR tapes: nothing comes close to the quality in that price range for sealed cassettes. How many more boxes do you want to sell, John?

Nando.
Nando, I am pretty much set on keeping the 5 boxes I have at this point. And Unfortunately the USPS doesn't have any real good shipping options to Canada anymore. Priority mail is expensive and even First Class packages are quite expensive. I think shipping 20 tapes via First Class is about $25 and Priority is about $40.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Nando, I am pretty much set on keeping the 5 boxes I have at this point. And Unfortunately the USPS doesn't have any real good shipping options to Canada anymore. Priority mail is expensive and even First Class packages are quite expensive. I think shipping 20 tapes via First Class is about $25 and Priority is about $40.
Yes, shipping has become expensive for some small parcels. I had to ask, though.

Nando.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I see Total Media will now ship their Sony XR's to Canada in 50 and 90 tape lots. Shipping is $60 for the 50 tape lot and $80 for the 90 tape lot. I thought when I checked I could ship 50 tapes for about $45 or so.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Whatever I record or play, I'm going to enjoy even more when I get my CT-F650 belted and running...

MVC-001S.JPG ALL FOUR TYPES

Elite-ist

Staff member
Have you ever looked into Shipping Centres in the US? Point Roberts, Blaine. I use Package Express in Sumas as that is the border crossing I'm always going through.
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been across the border in a long time. Perhaps, Geri and I will, at last, get our passports.

Nando.

fitz43

Veteran and General Yakker
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't been across the border in a long time. Perhaps, Geri and I will, at last, get our passports.

Nando.
Many years ago, UPS charged me $15 brokerage on a $30 item. That was the last time I used UPS to Canada.

I have a postal mail box close to my recreational property, but use Package Express for the stuff that can't/won't be shipped to a PO box. In the very small village of Sumas Washington, I think there are five different shipping centres to cater to the Canadians.