Phoenix Pholks in SE USA - Check Out This Complete Revox B77 & Parts Deck

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
As Nando knows, I don't sell pieces of my equipment very often, but when I do, it's nice stuff. Such is the case with this Revox B77 Mk II I've used regularly but sparingly over the past 5 years since finding it in a closet and purchasing it from the owner. It is a timepiece. I purchased it in the original box with all accessories and documentation. The only item missing was the plastic Revox take-up reel which was replaced by a metal take-up reel from what I can only surmise was the only time it was used. The deck was recapped immediately upon my taking possession of it to rid it of the yellow Frakos and it has worked flawlessly since. It is calibrated for ATR MDS-36.

The deck comes with a full parts deck plus the aforementioned accessories. In addition to the original accessories and documentation, it will include the generic metal take-up reel, as well as an upgrade of two original aluminum Revox NAB hubs (not knockoffs), worth $100 or more these days. The parts deck came with a metal chassis and rack mount ears, which are also included. Also included are six 10" and three 7" reels of (mostly) Quantegy 407 with various mixes recorded on them. All tapes have only been recorded once.

The deck is currently configured with red oak/cherry-stained side panels attached to the metal cage from the parts deck. The original Nextel covered case is included and I can install it on the deck before delivering it if that is your preference. It has been in storage since 2017 when I purchased the parts deck expressly for the metal cage to install the side panels. The tape counter does not currently work but will work if you reinstall the belt (included) which I removed while looking for a squeak which I finally located/lubricated in the pinch roller bearing. Since this counter really isn't minute/second accurate, I saw no reason to disassemble the deck a second time to reinstall it for my use.

As this purchase is for two 40 pound tape decks in boxes, shipping would be quite expensive depending on method, distance shipped, insurance, and the final amount of packing material I'll need to purchase. For that reason alone, I would prefer a sale to someone in the southeastern US where we could meet halfway for delivery. If you're out there and interested, reply here or shoot me an email. I'm asking $1500 for everything.

Thanks for looking.

Revox 3.JPG Revox 4.JPG Case and Accessories.JPG

Last edited:

J!m

Tagline
BOT
That, is an excellent deck and an excellent deal for the new owner.

I would wish you luck on the sale, but you won't need it!

This is worth driving a loooong way to collect in person!

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Actually, I should add that I still have the parts deck with the metal cage and wood side panels if anyone wants parts for a B77. I may try selling the 1/2 track heads and parting the thing out if no one needs it. Might be cheaper to ship parts than the whole deck. The good one went FedEx ground to Miami for $152. Ouch.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Parts are definitely cheaper. Part of my hesitation with selling my 32 is keeping it in one piece...

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
Found out he was a neurosurgeon from Miami, Nando. A true gentleman - made a reasonable first offer and I countered with driving to meet him halfway - which is when he told me what he did for a living. He was like "if I could only get away for a day that would be so nice..." We ended up with him just buying the good deck in the Nextel case with all the accessories I could fit in one box.

He's pairing it with a Teresonic Gala(?) - the company owner's prototype - which he purchased from the gentleman's widow after he passed a couple of years ago. It is apparently black, so he wanted the Nextel case instead of the oak side panels. I'm guessing the amp is something like this: https://www.dagogo.com/teresonic-reference-2a3-integrated-tube-amplifier-review/

Needless to say, we're both keepng our fingers crossed it gets there unscathed. It's in the original box with original molded foam inserts and double boxed beyond that.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
I think the contents will be fine in the factory packing carton, Bob. First I've heard of the Teresonic line, but there are so many variants of tube amplifiers, of course I would have missed it.

Sounds like a pleasant sale, without some of the tire-kickers.

Nando.,

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I just noticed the title pun Bob, and I must say, I phound that phucking phunny!