Phase Linear 700b with a Fan Switch and LED's ?

ksrigg

Chief Journeyman
I got this amp several years ago, but never really paid much attention to it. Now I am beginning g to wonder if this was factory, or not. The FAN switch looks factory to me.....and the LED's are pretty well done as well./...

Sorry the pictures are upside down and sideways and stuff....

I'll take some better ones...

Attachments

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Think about it Sutton...everything else is rotary or pushbutton...the "Fan" legend isn't even centered under the switch.

Just a very good aftermarket addition....

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Think about it Sutton...everything else is rotary or pushbutton...the "Fan" legend isn't even centered under the switch.

Just a very good aftermarket addition....
Yeah - that the switch is not centered nor is the nomenclature. It was common to use a rub on transfer to apply lettering in years past. It looks nice but not anal enough for production.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Man I did enough of that! Then you used shellac to put a protective coating on it so your work wouldn't get scratched off.
Letraset I think was the manufacturer of the stuff we used.
Are you saying that you didn't use your clear nail polish? :shaking2:

gadget73

Journeyman
Tagline
---
If you use clear nail polish, it shows in a shiny spot. if you do the whole face with clear shellac or lacquer, its not obvious that anything was done, though shellac does yellow a bit. Shellac is a little easier to remove, just need denatured alcohol. Lacquer comes off with thinner, but that also tends to ruin other things. Alcohol is largely harmless to most other finishes.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I got this amp several years ago, but never really paid much attention to it. Now I am beginning g to wonder if this was factory, or not. The FAN switch looks factory to me.....and the

Sorry the pictures are upside down and sideways and stuff....

I'll take some better ones...
Without a pic we'll be forever in the dark...