Phase Linear 2000 needs repair

Dchristie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
-Life is what you do between your plans--
Hi Guys, just took ownership of a Phase Linear 2000 preamp (original series 1) and right off the starting blocks I noticed a couple of the input rca jacks were loose. Upon opening the case, I found pieces of black plastic which were originally part of the plastic casing for the rca jacks. So, I am looking for anyone who might have a couple of these jacks with the plastics casings from a 2000 parts inventory.

Thanks

Dean

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Hi Guys, just took ownership of a Phase Linear 2000 preamp (original series 1) and right off the starting blocks I noticed a couple of the input rca jacks were loose. Upon opening the case, I found pieces of black plastic which were originally part of the plastic casing for the rca jacks. So, I am looking for anyone who might have a couple of these jacks with the plastics casings from a 2000 parts inventory.

Thanks

Dean
Can you post a picture or two? It may be possible to find new replacements from parts suppliers or from stuff on eBay.

Dchristie

New Around These Parts
Tagline
-Life is what you do between your plans--
OK - here is a pic of the good and broken rca jack assemblies. It looks like the plastic sleeve of the broken jacks deteriorated or maybe cracked with repeated use and broke away from the jack.

Attachments

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
OK - here is a pic of the good and broken rca jack assemblies. It looks like the plastic sleeve of the broken jacks deteriorated or maybe cracked with repeated use and broke away from the jack.
PL used very cheap phono sockets on their preamps. This is a chronic problem with most of the PL preamps with this board mount style RCA.

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Holey moley, call Dr. Welby!