Pancakes

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Well I have made some sales. A few tape sales mostly new gear. Someone turned me onto some auctions for some pancakes. Some type I and some chrome plus shells also. I wanted to bid on it all but I have to wait. We have to buy the printer first. Then we will get the loader. I hope to be going full bore by the beginning of next year. I had to ask for investors on this deal. It is going to be a learning experience. I learned a lesson in another forum. I keep things very close to my chest. I won't do like I did with the start of this company.

Larry

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'd help but I'm almost out of strawberry preserves...

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
So you bought enough pancakes of Maxell MX to load 100,000 cassettes. Kind of a tall cliff if you stacked em one pancake on top of another. :alien:

orange

Tagline
A stack like that would cost a ton for the strawberry preserves.

speakerman1

Tagline
I did win the auctions. For pennies on the dollar. Which is good. I'm still bidding on more. Now to get equipment. My son is here so we may try the indie label thing when I find out how it is done. I have the tapes so that is a plus.

Larry

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
What is the news on the pancakes? You don't have to let the competiton know what you are up to, but we'd like to know a lil about it. :bigsmurf:

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I have 1300 preloaded multi color type I and Type IIs sitting here. I have 5 boxes of chrome tape and Type I tape sitting in my garage. I have more preloaded shells coming. I have more tape coming. Bidding on more shells. Am looking hard at a loader. I'll know in a few days. Looking at a duplicator. I talked to my son and he agreed we should start signing up bands to do tapes for. So he is going to start that. Should have the shell printer next month. Also looking at a shell labeler. The shells I'm getting right now are suppose to be some of the best shells made. I have like 100 pancakes of tape and 1000 C-0 shells in the garage. 500 instant record shells. Have to find big rolls of splicing tape. This will be a different part of Phoenix Tapes. We are starting small. I can get some TDK Chrome tape. Have a lot to learn. Have to buy ink and the printer. I have 200 tapes to print. My graphic designer quit on me. He was good. We just couldn't keep him busy. So the bands will have to do their own J-cards and printing graphics. I have some ins. The norelcos and supplies and shrink wrap will be handled by the other part of Phoenix. We will go fully legit the 1st of next year. Dr.Bo has almost sold out of the metals. So we will have a place on the site for bands tapes that we do for people to buy. We will be growing I hope next year. People are still buying music and things they can do at home. I don't have minimum buys like everyone else does. Eventually I will do CDs also. Just not right now.

Larry

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I won the loader. Now all I have to do is set up shipping. Unless someone wants to go to IL and pick it up and bring it to VA. LOL I'm excited about this all is good.
Larry

orange

Tagline
speakerman1 said:
Well I won the loader. Now all I have to do is set up shipping. Unless someone wants to go to IL and pick it up and bring it to VA. LOL I'm excited about this all is good.
Larry
You'll LIKE Illinois...Oprah is bright and sunny and the Blagojevich :flower: are in bloom. What could be better?

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Orange should be in pictures, cuz he's too much for televisi

orange said:
speakerman1 said:
Larry
You'll LIKE Illinois...Oprah is bright and sunny and the Blagojevich :flower: are in bloom. What could be better?
Now, I don't care who ya are, that's funny!!!

orange

Tagline
Not sure about television. Might trigger George Gobel flashbacks.

speakerman1

Tagline
Well I got the stuff to put AC/ Heat in my garage today. Picked up a loader for a song. Shipping was crazy. So I have tape, shells, loader and a printer almost. Bought some already loaded. Have all the ink for the printer. I'm not use to youngins being around. LOL
Going to insulate above the garage. My garage is full of lumber, lighting and takeup reels, boxes, shells and a piece of junk boat anchor duplicator, air compressor. I hate spending money.

Might start learning to load Monday. Air dryer gets here today. Lots going on in my garage. For sure. I have to do an inventory before I start putting tape all over the floor. Brought everything in because of the storm. We won't get any I don't think. I need rain though.

Larry