One Step Closer.

BubbaH

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Well I picked up some proper size speakers for the rear of my truck. Some pioneer 6x8's. An odd size, but the old F150, seems to require odd speaker sizes. Im currently using my Xplod deck and door speaks and Pioneer 6x4 rears. I plan to move the 6x4's to the front and place the new ones in the back. Next step will be to replace the head unit with a more modern Pioneer deck, and as always, still continuing my search for a 10" shallow mount sub for behind the seat.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Ben: It sounds like a great system that won't put you in the poor-house. Now, if you could add an MD player to the Pioneer head unit, you plan to use, that would be even better. Are you going to buy a new Pioneer head unit, or an older receiver with preamp outputs?

Nando.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
I think it may end up being something slightly newer. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for Pioneer decks but havent found anything that really draws my attention, at least in the used market. I havent put a whole lot of thought into the deck yet, although being my next piece to acquire I suppose its time to start putting some thought into it.

I had considered going with an older cassette head unit and cd changer. All things considered though, I probably wouldnt use the cassette deck all that much. MD deck is definitely not in the cards. Disc shortage, and my little usage at home would likely mean even less usage in the truck. I suppose if I look long enough something that interests me will come my way.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
You need a late 70's, early 80's Super Tuner cassette head with one of those big ole tuning dials on the front! :p

Elite-ist

Staff member
I have this one which I bought new: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-P7200 Click on the Specifications to find out more about it. I have added accessories and adapters to connect my older Pioneer Component series cassette decks, and equalizer to the newer DEH-P7200. I would recommend this one, if you were to look for an older Pioneer receiver.

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
You need a late 70's, early 80's Super Tuner cassette head with one of those big ole tuning dials on the front! :p
I had/have many of the earlier Pioneer separates, including these, which I still own:

Nando.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Thanks, Tony.

Ben: If you are interested in the features, I will sell my Pioneer Premier DEH-P720 to you for less than half of what I originally paid for it. Call it $200, and you get something unmatched by anything comparable out there in that price range.

Nando.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Nando, I greatly appreciate the offer. Although im sure its a great deck, I think something a little more simplified will be better suited to my needs.

That deck would better suit someone who has space to accommodate all of its features.

Both my Xplod deck's are capable of MD/CD changer connectivity, and I dont feel that is right for the truck. I wanted to go simple with this setup, so as to keep room for all the other things behind the seat already....... tow chain, boosters, tie downs, bunjee's, and most of the necessary fluids for a truck. Again Nando, thank you very much for the kind offer. I dont think its right for this particular installation though.

I installed the 6x8's this aft. Unfortunately the 4x6's didnt fit up front... Door speakers will be the next step, following with a Pioneer deck.

Elite-ist

Staff member
You are welcome, Ben. I am sure you will be able to find something close to you which will be an earlier vintage and will fit your needs. Your Ford was a 1995?

Nando.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable

orange

Tagline
The hell with it then...I can't get 14 amps draw in the bedrooms for an AC unit w/o pulling 1/2 the outlets and most of the lights down anyway, there are FIVE windows in the entire place and two are in the bedrooms/one tiny one by the computer and it's not really the windward side. the other side has the AC but it's not that powerful and the corner is notorious for being a convection zone-all large windows.

Mom called worried if I was getting enough WATER, I drink it all the time, 1-2 QUARTS and I HAD to open the main bedroom windows or fricasee.

really rough if you're tired

We were gonna install a new line for the AC a few years ago but I managed to tame the house most of the time.

orange

Tagline
BTW I gave up on the house...

I gave up on the house and rode the Schwinn to Payette and back in the dark, got in two karaoke songs (FINALLY), didn't get bugged by the police or sheriff for having no lights, pedalled as fast as I could half of the way back, braved the bugs over the bridge, wore myself out good, had some sugar free Tropicana lemonade at the Arby's in the truckstop and got to sleep soundly before 5 am. The open bedroom windows helped but it's not yet noon and it was just about damned time I got out.

My glucose level was also nice this morning and I got as close to the minimum insulin dosages as I could...back to you, Murray! :occasion8: