Odd PL 400

Old HiFi Guy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---An old Stereo fan, bought my first in 1964
I am going to look at a Phase Linear 400 that is a bit odd. It has no aluminum face plate, has 700 style meters and volume controls and is supposedly a Series Two and is rack mountable. The guy that has it says he has had it for 30 years, bought it in Brooklyn and that it was PA model. Was there such a thing or is it something someone put together? Thanks PL 400.jpg

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
I am going to look at a Phase Linear 400 that is a bit odd. It has no aluminum face plate, has 700 style meters and volume controls and is supposedly a Series Two and is rack mountable. The guy that has it says he has had it for 30 years, bought it in Brooklyn and that it was PA model. Was there such a thing or is it something someone put together? Thanks View attachment 42655
never herd of one of these I might be a regular 400 series two missing its face and handles do you have more pics of it open and the back. some one that knows will chime in. are you going to wopl it?

K-5BLAZER

Journeyman
Tagline
square body cause I dint want a plastic 4x4
It is a common PL400 Series 2 that is missing its decorative front bezel and handles, correct.
+1 on this what Joe says goes it sounds like some one did not truthful with you. that being said dose any one if there is such a thing as a pro 400

Old HiFi Guy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---An old Stereo fan, bought my first in 1964
Thanks for the replies. He wants $200.00 for it and he says it works fine. Thought this might be a base for a WOPL.