NOS Cassette Tapes for sale

Nick Danger

Veteran and General Yakker
Got some surplus tape looking for a new home:

photo (1).jpg

TDK D60: $4/ 10 tapes
TDK D90: $5/ 10 tapes
SONY XR60: $20/ 10 tapes

Prefer to ship via USPS Priority. Cheers.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
PM sent...oh yeah...I've got at least 600 blanks, there is never a rush.

I wanted three of the D 90 circled, one D 60 and maybe a box of XR if that was indeed per box and not per tape.

That would sound like plenty for you, Miles, if you and Doug work out the shipping!

Your stash for sale.jpg

BTW USPS Priority Mail box sizes tend to be awkward...Medium flat rate is really too big for four boxes and not quite there for five, while large will take just shy of seven. I would recommend sending with different boxes and Standard/First Class is pretty close to the same within two zones (like in my case) or often the same within the same zone.

Note that the 'Gaming' size box is not tall enough to put the tape boxes in.

YES, I've done this before, to fill the Priority boxes you have to send them packed without the original boxes, which sucks usually unless you are sending a bunch of assorted tapes. I skipped Priority in the end because it was cheaper in my case not to send Priority.

Last edited:

Nick Danger

PM sent...oh yeah...I've got at least 600 blanks, there is never a rush.

I wanted three of the D 90 circled, one D 60 and maybe a box of XR if that was indeed per box and not per tape.

That would sound like plenty for you, Miles, if you and Doug work out the shipping!

View attachment 18453

BTW USPS Priority Mail box sizes tend to be awkward...Medium flat rate is really too big for four boxes and not quite there for five, while large will take just shy of seven. I would recommend sending with different boxes and Standard/First Class is pretty close to the same within two zones (like in my case) or often the same within the same zone.

Note that the 'Gaming' size box is not tall enough to put the tape boxes in.

YES, I've done this before, to fill the Priority boxes you have to send them packed without the original boxes, which sucks usually unless you are sending a bunch of assorted tapes. I skipped Priority in the end because it was cheaper in my case not to send Priority.
Only the XR and a handful of the D60 are in original packaging, Steven. All other tapes are just individually sealed and not in factory boxes. I do not go to the PO often and ship everything flat rate from home when possible as the queue on any given daymay take an hour or more and I am not willing to wait that long.

Last edited:

orange

Tagline
PM or email me please, let's figure this out.

Old HiFi Guy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---An old Stereo fan, bought my first in 1964
Haven't you guys heard of media mail? I used to ship tape I sold on Ebay for 70-80% of what the next cheapest alternative. Too bad you aren't blind as I had a friend of mine who was blind ship me over 5,000 reels of tape for free to sell for him. The only thing is it is not instant gratification, takes 3 or 4 weeks to get to the destination.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
I would definitely trade my vision, for cheap tape shipping. (Rolls eyes) LOL.

Old HiFi Guy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---An old Stereo fan, bought my first in 1964
I wasn't suggesting that, just that there are cheaper ways of shipping if look hard enough.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Media mail is for pre-recorded tapes and not to be used for blank tapes. The recipient may end up getting postage dues on the parcel if new tapes are shipped media mail.

orange

Tagline
Haven't you guys heard of media mail? I used to ship tape I sold on Ebay for 70-80% of what the next cheapest alternative. Too bad you aren't blind as I had a friend of mine who was blind ship me over 5,000 reels of tape for free to sell for him. The only thing is it is not instant gratification, takes 3 or 4 weeks to get to the destination.
The tapes must be RECORDED, by definition. Mixed blank and recorded do not qualify. Media mail is for books and recorded media only. And if they inspect it, which they have the right to, and find it doesn't they will demand the difference from the recipient...had this happen...and the sender can get into trouble as well.

I don't recommend this and it's really cheating the USPS, which is halfway hung as it is.

orange

Tagline
Hey, NICK, are you going to get me a total on this soon? I get paid Friday and Tuesday and need my budget numbers finished.

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Hey, NICK, are you going to get me a total on this soon? I get paid Friday and Tuesday and need my budget numbers finished.
Put my stuff on hold for now Steve. I have just been preparing for this monster storm and have not had a chance to do anything. I still need to send Lee a couple of amps but with running around trying to raise cash to pay my house taxes, I have had no time to do anything. That should free some bucks up for you for a month

I was lucky just to get Nav's and Del's preamps out

orange

Tagline
I know you got hells-a-poppin' going down, Ron, it should be over by next week anyway...the first check isn't even $250 anyway.