Newbie here. Impressed with the Phoenix info here and layout.

OZ of da trap

New Around These Parts
Impressed with the info and layout here. Thanks for the use of the forum. I have been playing with HI-Fi > Stereo's since the early 60's. and built my first Eico ST40 amp kit in 62. Bought a University C15W dual voice coil woofer soon after and installed it in a bedroom closet on a plywood panel (infinite baffle) and began to shake up the neighbors. Made and built my own xrossover networks with spools of wire over cores and caps.
Learned a lot over the years. I still have the speaker but gave away the Eico. Now have Carver, Sansui, Fisher, Altec, EV, Dual, Empire,Shure,Pioneer to name a few .
Always into music and going to live music events. Music is a way of life and listening to music when you play or work on something keeps you moving and staying young in body and thoughts.
So dats it for me.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome to our forum. Yes, music has been an important part of life for all of us, here - right up to the time we get laid to rest with that one special commemorative song being played at our service - although, I haven't decided which one it will be.

Nando.

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Welcome to Phoenix Oz! Stick around for some laughs and insite...lotta experience and BS thrown here. Enjoy.

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed
Welcome to our forum. Yes, music has been an important part of life for all of us, here - right up to the time we get laid to rest with that one special commemorative song being played at our service - although, I haven't decided which one it will be.

Nando.
A friend of mine who just passed from Pancreatic cancer was buried to Led Zeppelin's Ramble On

OZ of da trap

New Around These Parts

Nando.
Ditto

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
Eico... now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.

I started with Heathkit, a 20WPC (AR-29, I think..) receiver and a pair of AS103A (kit form of AR-3) speakers. I know I drove that receiver into clipping most of the time. The speakers were magnificent.