New to board, Starting a control board build

gtv2000

New Around These Parts
Hi folks. My PL14 E5 board just shipped today. I've got a 4-fin PL400 that I will gradually do a complete build on. I built a few Heathkits back in the mid 1970s so I'm looking forward to this. Any advice welcome!

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Welcome, this is a great place for total collected knowledge of PL. Alfa guy I see, I had a 67 1600 Spider that was way lotsa fun.

gtv2000

New Around These Parts
I sold my 69 roundtail when I retired 5 years ago. Also sold the GTV pictured about the same time. Down to a 1987 Spider right now.

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
I miss the Duetto, just a kick to drive on mountains roads, four wheel drifts for a real thrill. Use to work at a shop with a great guy named Lee Midgley who raced Alfas in the SCCA in the 60's. Been a long time ago now.
Enjoy the this place, many interesting people here.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
Glad you shared Mark.

Steve, the blow by blow instructions emailed to you also have more info than you probably need.

gtv2000

New Around These Parts
Thanks Mark. I've watched that a couple of times and it was part of the decision to go ahead a do this.

Joe, I don't think I'll have any trouble, just wanted to introduce myself here just in case.

Steve

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
If you’ve done Heathkits you can do these.
Heathkits were great, my first “real” stereo!
I would love to have done a television.

gtv2000

New Around These Parts
My dad did a TV in about 1965 - our first color model. Ultrasonic remote! I'm currently running a Heathkit pre-amp with my PL400. Just like the one I built in 1976. Got it on eBay, not sure what ever happened to my old one. I also have a full "Modulus" quadraphonic system, not in use right now.

gtv2000

New Around These Parts
Just got the kit today and am starting out. One thing I've discovered - my eyes aren't as good as they were 45 years ago.

gtv2000

New Around These Parts
Success! Listening to a little Steely Dan Aja - sounds real nice. No issues on the build, thanks for the great instructions Joe. The only mistake I made was to not stuff a resistor but I caught that looking at the pictures in the suggested order instruction. Next will be the PS caps (I know, I should have done them first) and then to decide whether I want to do the backplane.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
BOT
Welcome!

Noticed the GTV on another thread.... Shame it's gone now. I've never owned one but they are cool cars.