New Furniture

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
I've been wanting to make things a bit more tidy in my music room. Found this little stand that fit the bill as the SX1280 is a tough fit. It's sitting unused, still a bit sentimental.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Cool. But yeah that blur is a bit rough this AM LOL. I could definitely use a little more in the shelving department, just don't have the space. Maybe a wall shelf for my TT later to open things up a bit more.

Not sure how I'm going to arrange when the Belkin comes in. Might have to put the Pioneer in the bedroom... LOL maybe not according to the little lady :angryfire:

What are all the components and the models in your picture Larry? I kinda see the Cary's, Hafler, belkin, vandies, but what are the models and whats the rest?

Peace

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Shanling CDP T-1000SE. Yamaha K-2000. I think you named every thing else. I'm in the garage at the moment. LOL OH Perpetual Technologies DAC and Anti-jitter/ Clock.

Larry

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Pure_Brew said:
I've been wanting to make things a bit more tidy in my music room. Found this little stand that fit the bill as the SX1280 is a tough fit. It's sitting unused, still a bit sentimental.
Joe: That smoked glass rack compliments the finish of your components quite nicely.

Nando.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Thank you. The speakers have a slight clash with the old wood, but I'd be lying if I said the rack wasn't somewhat Nando-inspired lol.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Thats funny it does sort of look that way lol. Basically the way the room is laid out, I don't have any other real option to get everything in one shot. I started doing perspective style shots for ebay'n back in the day. Also this phone is the best camera I've had.

I'm going to do something different with these walls soon, not sure what yet.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Yeah it's really small, the area is 10 x 13 roughly.We have 3 bedrooms upstairs and this is a fourth room that is an extra. Originally it was going to be a computer/office but I ended up claiming it as my sanctuary. It's wider at the back because it's part of the room entry ( washer/dryer ) that I'm standing in, the left "wall" next to that speaker is actually a closet ( there is more equipment in that closet then in this system!)

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Well, that leaves a pair of K-Horns out of the question, you wouldn't have room for the electronics in the middle.

Pure_Brew

Tagline
Coffee filters
Lol that's what I ment way back when I said khorns wouldn't work. But heresys likely would be perfect. My seating arrangement works well in any case.

Just put the Belkin in. What a substantial piece of equipment. Voltage is at 120.5 to 121.5, and now I can power down the Bellari :cheers:

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
The Irish man named Sterey O'Furniture...

Everything started well- I used a TV stand to put my equipment on...

Then... Phase Linear came into my life- and everything was too damned big and heavy. I've looked everywhere- NOBODY makes furniture for stereo equipment any more, especially not for big equipment. I improvised with some cinder blocks for a while, but it was inconvenient to flip albums and it looked like shit. The "redneck home decor" was getting on my nerves. I told myself that this is South Carolina- and everybody has something up on blocks!

I cruised Home Depot's website looking for some shelving planks to improvise in a different direction. I found this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMa...C-_-NavPLPHorizontal1_rr-_-NA-_-203254922-_-N (Damn- what a freaking LONG URL!). I bought two, will need to cut holes for cable passes, I also want to bolt the two together for added stability. They have insertable drawer modules, so I'll get a pair later. Haven't decided exactly where I want the components, but the preamp definitely has to go upward to accommodate the length of the turntable cables.

They're actually a bit tall for my liking, but they'll do. Stereo furniture is impossible to find, and what you do manage to get is particle board with a cardboard back. After I finalize the component placement, I'll get 1/4" plywood for the backs.