New Dual 500 Top and Bottom Covers

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
I mentioned these in the "Dual-500 King of the Hill" chat where my amp did not arrive with a top cover and the bottom cover was pretty well beat up. Using some pics of Glen's top cover, I went to a local fabrication shop and had several sets of tops&bottoms made up.

They are laser-cut from 18GA steel, far heavier than the original 20GA, which might actually help with quieting the massive transformer's hum. I then had them powder coated with a matte-black textured finish. They are very attractive and fit perfectly with all chassis holes in the correct place and 1/4" turn-up at the front panel edge. The bottom panels have 2 sets of holes to accommodate the relay bracket which apparently had 2 potential mounting positions. I had sent a couple sets to Glen for test fitting ... he confirmed these fit perfectly and look great!

There is a comparison pic between the original bottom panel and the new one. Note the additional venting on both panels to allow more air circulation around the transformer.

I'll be selling the remaining tops&bottoms at $110 per set, which is pretty much my cost, plus $25-27 for USPS Large Flat Rate Shipping. Pics attached for reference. PM me if you're interested.

Attachments