NEC AUA 8000e Integrated Stereo Amplifier

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
Thinking of getting this.. My friend saw it in local pawn shop in Florida.

75 Watts per channel amp, but quite heavy due to dual transformers (one per channel). .Some specs.Nominal Output Power 2 x 75 watts ( 8 ohms)Music Power 2 x 120 watts ( 4 ohms)Performance range 5 Hz -35 kHzFrequency range 5 Hz -60 kHz (-3 dB)THD at Rated Output Power (1kHz ) 0.05 %Intermodulation distortion (150 Hz / 7 kHz ) < 0.09% to at rated powerNoise ratio (at 50 mW / channel ) Phono > 60 dB , Volume 1/2 > 60 dB , AUX > 60 dBDamping Factor 30Crosstalk attenuation 45 dB (at 1 kHz)Inputs:

Attachments

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Thinking of getting this little gem to replace them big ass monsters cause my hearing and back going down the drain wanna save my back.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Get one of the Carver Magnetic Field amps. It's lighter and specs are similar. You can carry it with 2 fingers and they put out Mucho power

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The M1.5t is a great amp, and if you shop, you can find them reasonably priced. They have some great upgrades for them but you shouldn't need any as they already put out 300WPC (about). They are easy to recap, although they can be a pain to troubleshoot, it's not TOO BAD if you follow protocol for the Triac circuit.

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Thanks Perry gonna look into the M.5T ... never did pay much attention to those Carver amps when they came out

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Thanks Perry gonna look into the M.5T ... never did pay much attention to those Carver amps when they came out[/QUOTE
Perry i have to overcome this nonsense problem with the lady here she say i can't bring no more lazy ass standing equipment to the apt untill i remove some of the lazy stuff sitting around of course the 4 chassis Flutterman making it i ace for her

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
The PM-1.5 is a pro version of the M-1.5 (non-t) and the amplifier section is virtually identical. The M-1.5 and M-1.5t are also 2 different animals soundwise; the M-1.5t having its output transfer function modified to sound like a Mark Levinson ML-2 tube amp, the M-1.5 (non-t) sounding like a regular SS amp.

The main differences are in the input circuitry (balanced XLR and 1/4" TSR VS unbalanced RCA), the thermostatic fan and temperature sensors, the input level controls, some extra protection circuitry for the pro market and, of course, the chassis and case.

As for recapping; open the amp case and look at all of the electrolytic caps (metal cans) for any sign of bulgeing or leaking, especially the smaller ones. As this is a Pro amp it has probably led a hard life and high operating temperatures so these smaller caps tend to take a bigger hit than usual. Also check the power supply rail caps carefully, especially the 75V and 125V rails as these are all but impossible to find and may have to be substituted with built-up replacements.

One last word on having any older Carver Magnetic Field Coil amp serviced: Do NOT under ANY circumstance allow a techinician without prior experience working on Carver rail switching amps touch it!!! The power supplies in these amps are radically different from anything else out there and the normal procedure for jump starting a dead amp will litterally blow up the magnetic coil (which looks like a regular transformer) which cannot be replaced. Ever single blown Carver mag coil amp I had the occasion to see with a blown coil (dozens of them in the day) were caused by technicians who had no idea of what they were doing shorting out the switching triac that feeds the mag coil to jump start it because they didn't bother reading the service manual. In other words, make sure that your tech has a copy of the service manual AND has read it before he starts work on the amp if iver it needs service. Actually a lot of the pro-amp technicians are familiar with these amps as they were among the most used pro amps around, so ask before you use that tech.