NASA Breakthrough as Rover Finds Strong Signal of Organic Matter on Mars

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
I remember the Viking lander back in the 1970's found an indicator of "life," but the folks at Never A Straight Answer didn't like the result. They found a way to nullify the result after the fact. Bad science? Well, not good science.

The Viking technology went on to become a hospital automated microbiology system - we used it in the hospital in West Plains. The nearby reference lab had an electron microscope...in a town of ten thousand deep in the Ozarks - hardly a center for high technology.

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Will they say that about San Francisco eons from now? :)
Probably. Was there a couple years ago and there was a homeless guy shitting in front of a restaurant. Right on the sidewalk. Afterwards there was a restaurant employee hosing down the sidewalk. Sad.

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Probably. Was there a couple years ago and there was a homeless guy shitting in front of a restaurant. Right on the sidewalk. Afterwards there was a restaurant employee hosing down the sidewalk. Sad.
Still going on over there today - according to friends who recently visited. Tent cities in touristy areas. I have no interest in going there again.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
That homeless dude is obviously eating plenty if he's shitting. More calories than his body needs.

I wasn't eating much for a while in North Africa (no, I wasn't sick, just making up lost time driving) and didn't shit for three days.

We did finally get a chicken dinner, but had to wait while they caught it first...

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
That homeless dude is obviously eating plenty if he's shitting. More calories than his body needs.

I wasn't eating much for a while in North Africa (no, I wasn't sick, just making up lost time driving) and didn't shit for three days.

We did finally get a chicken dinner, but had to wait while they caught it first...

With a balanced diet you don't shit anymore???

HUH???

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
having "Enough" food and having "Enough Nutritious" food is totally different. Just because you have enough, doesn't mean shit (Pun intended). Just because he shit on the sidewalk, means NOTHING. Except that he's a fucking lazy idiot

FredR

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
WTF?
Every time he shit a turd he would do a sidestep, squat, and do it again. Many of these people just have serious mental health issues.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
Every time he shit a turd he would do a sidestep, squat, and do it again. Many of these people just have serious mental health issues.
A guy with this level of talent should be in politics, not homeless!