Moving Coil cartridges for trade

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Are you satisfied with the life you're living
Anyone here use moving coil cartridge, have a sweet deal for you i got a bunch of them here which i will never use i never use them some might need re tipping if you need the list and photo let me know

Bob Boyer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Whatcha got? Might be interested in a couple unless you're making an all-in deal. PM me; may take few days to answer - we're headed off grid for three weeks. Not sure how much cell service I'll have - or where.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I got a few already but me too. Jim can call dibs but I am always into trading. I don't know.my ass from a hole in the ground about them though. I have two I am using regular, an Ortophon and a Shure. The Shure is a V15 type III I think.

mlucitt

I would be interested in a side by side test of a MC cartridge against my Shure V15 Type IV. If I bought two new and high quality pressings, had similar turntables with similar tone arms, and everything behind a curtain except an A/B switch...

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
I don't know a lot about TT's carts, styluses, arms and all that but the Technics SL-2200 I got with that ( used mind you ) Shure V15 III sounds really good to me especially with a well recorded clean album on top. I know that ain't no high end stuff though. I need get out more often and go listen to some other set ups. Not bragging but everyones stuff I listen to local none of it sounds as good as my set up. The exception being when I went yesterday to Hi Fi Buys in Buckhead and the TT they had there with like a 22 thousand dollar cartridge or whatever, well that did sound better. Not 22 thousand better though.

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I got a few already but me too. Jim can call dibs but I am always into trading. I don't know.my ass from a hole in the ground about them though. I have two I am using regular, an Ortophon and a Shure. The Shure is a V15 type III I think.
Did you mean me, Jim, Jim?

I am interested in what you have as well. Another Shure sure would be nice. The V15-III continues to impress me. A II or a IV might be fun. Also, anything Benz-Micro I am for sure interested in.

I don’t know much else, but I’ll enjoy looking and learning about what you have, possibly triggering a knee-jerk PayPal activation…

I have a few trade items (if interested) but significantly larger than cartridges…

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Audio Note
Shelter 501
Soundsmith SMMC2-H
Koetsu Black.. have to find it and get a photo
The cartridge in the middle of the first photo dunno what it is very heavy

Attachments

Last edited:

J!m

Tagline
BOT
I think Koetsu is the same factory as lower end (gold and silver) Benz-Micro.

What stuff are you looking for in trade?

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
The Black is 137 different from mine. My 501 needs to see the doctor for suspension adjustment. Good luck with these. Some are worth a few hundred without a stylus.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Did you mean me, Jim, Jim?

I am interested in what you have as well. Another Shure sure would be nice. The V15-III continues to impress me. A II or a IV might be fun. Also, anything Benz-Micro I am for sure interested in.

I don’t know much else, but I’ll enjoy looking and learning about what you have, possibly triggering a knee-jerk PayPal activation…

I have a few trade items (if interested) but significantly larger than cartridges…
Yep you. Just saying you got first crack at em but I might be interested in trading something for one or two of them but those don't look anything like what would fit my arm.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
When @8991XJ said that they were worth in the 200.00 used price area I knew right away they were not anything I would know about. Lol, my price range on TT stuff is about 100.00 down. I just don't listen enough to LP's to justify much more.

krellmk

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
When @8991XJ said that they were worth in the 200.00 used price area I knew right away they were not anything I would know about. Lol, my price range on TT stuff is about 100.00 down. I just don't listen enough to LP's to justify much more.
Same her the ears and the eyes kinna fading due to age maybe the audo god lead me to that pool containing alien cocoons

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
We use the turntables when the boys come over and I let them spin their records until the third or fourth beer. Then I take over. We played one song from a CD and were unimpressed so back the tt.

I looked up the Koetsu Black after I got one in a tt buy and was surprised to see it selling for about 300 with a broken cantilever. Mine is about 50% used based on microscope viewings.

With as little as I spin records, listening now to CDs playing from the other room, my collection of very nice cartridges will last my lifetime for sure.

If you don't have takers, maybe you can work a deal with one of the retippers out there that would rebuild them and sell them on. Don't know anything about that possibility, though.

Bob Boyer

Tagline
---
I'm here for a couple of days with wifi in - believe it or not - Hacker Valley, WVa. at Holly River State Park. Almost heaven is no shit, Mr. Denver. But I digress...

I'd like to express serious interest in either the SoundSmith and/or the Shelter. Lemme know, good sir...