Mom sent me home with more than turkey, taters and stuffing....

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
(oh, and the no sugar added apple pie she gets me for the holidays and my birthday)

Mom's hearing isn't that good anymore and she could no longer listen to the Yamaha AV receiver and Pioneer Sp-1500? little combo system speakers I gave her years ago...she sent it home with me.

I had tried to get a Pioneer VSX-D602S for $25 on CL but missed it. This has almost as many options, fewer inputs and no phono so I'll still have to rig a little but it also has DTS.

And my nephew said he was building a PC up with a friend (atta boy!) so he gave the MPC I put Linux Mint on back to me and I can install 19 Tara now, only one generation behind.

I'll probably put my Sanyo integrated into the mix to finish it out and an auto RF switch. Still less complicated.

orange

Tagline
Hey. I was trying to post to this thread and you alerted my that my thread had been moved to my thread?

I'm not sure...

orange

Tagline
If I have a charged battery I'll go take some pictures of the Yamaha I got back from mom.

orange

Tagline
Well, anyway...I'm not sure where it was before...never mind. o_O

Later.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
See...told ya I was effed up...posted to wrong thread...sorry Steven, talk about total thread crapping...but I am one of the masters....total ramble now...Hsppy Thanksgiving!

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Wow...bad time to spring this on me Jer...I’m so effed up!!

Pretty colors...

Thanks though...!
Sorry bud but it was up there all in purple .. anything after I started at 8pm was short lived. I could have shut the old one down but figured you guys would appreciate it still being around while we move over..

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
See...told ya I was effed up...posted to wrong thread...sorry Steven, talk about total thread crapping...but I am one of the masters....total ramble now...Hsppy Thanksgiving!
No, Steven posted this in the amps section.. wtf it had to do with amps was beyond me, so it was moved.. Good test of the mod stuff, so no probs.

orange

Tagline
It was about my RECEIVER...there's an amp and Pre in it but I didn't see a receiver section, and there is a thread about a Sansui 5000/5000X mod...see now?

orange

Tagline
Last time I dealt with a receiver here really, it was the Sansui 3300 I bought from you.

orange

Tagline
I did. Where is the receiver section?

I'll post there next time I get a receiver.

I've got my insulin and leftovers waiting and Socks was happy to get some turkey, it was soft for her old teeth. I'll see you later.

orange

Tagline
Well, I know it's a nice receiver, I bought it for her and tried it out before I gave it to her. Think dad was still alive, so it was well over seven years ago.

orange

Tagline
It's an RX-V520, I think my camera got left in my brother in law's car. Front.jpg REAR.jpg

I don't have a remote, would be nice. It automatically switches sources when you turn an input on, if there are two on it's a manual choice. Like many receivers of it's type/era there is no AM antenna inside so the tuner is dead without a wire or loop. It's have to see what goes where without a diagram though, I'm looking for one to print. My DTV converter plugs into it's own spot on back so that's easy to deal with.

it sounds pretty decent in NORMAL mode (plain old stereo) so until the other stuff gets hooked it's making due for FM and CDs.

orange

Tagline
I like it well enough, it's just that Yamaha engineers forgot about crosseyed nearsighted freaks like me so I managed to find the manuals on hifiengine and I printed the diagrams of the front and rear panels. This is something I'd never have to do for Asian women, so somebody really screwed up big time. DUH.

orange

Tagline
Now I have the DTV converter, CD changer and my usual two modded Pioneer towers running up front.

The problem I've experienced is that I tried stacking a single disc DVD player in there and have come to remember that my two Pioneer DVD players are crap, nothing loads and both had to have the tray held out because they would snap back in immediately....pppppbblt. I've got a ways to go before I finally get to the Sony megachanger I got from Ron.

I quit for the night at that point, owed it to Socks at 2 something am. I'll work more in today. Right now I'm not getting the oldies FM much at all and that's on the antenna, some line amp tweaking needed and I do need to find the AM loop to hear the AM sister play the same thing and it's just down the road a bit. No AM otherwise. They may have had to demolish one of their towers to rebuild after the base insulator unit failed but that signal makes any other analog tuner's nose bleed a little and always has.

They had a secretary like WKRP's Jennifer Marlowe back in the daze too. :love4:

orange

Tagline
I was right, when my BIL unloaded the car of my stuff he says he mistook the plastic shopping bag with my camera and a pop mug as one of the many he had in the trunk, so I'll hope that a friend is going over soon and can retrieve that from mom. So now pictures of the work in progress in my bedroom system and I'll have to wait for my personal shots of dad and my uncle's markers on the urn walls, which was the main reason I took it with me.