Mixed by Erry , the movie!

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
Most likely, most of you don't know what I am talking about...

But, here in Italy during the 80s and 90s, there was a guy from Naples named Erry who produced pirated albums and mixtapes/compilations on blank cassettes.
It was 100% piracy, but he put attention to quality by duplicating in realtime (with tons of cassette decks) onto blanks of the good and well known brands.
At some point, he became so big, producing and selling millions of pirated cassettes, that he was as big as a proper record label or, maybe, he sold even more than the proper record labels.
Of course, he became a true legend and I remember that, back in the 80's, I also had a couple of his mixtapes... all marked as "Mixed by Erry".
Then, he was arrested in late 90s.

Now, to my surprise, they made a movie about his story and this is the trailer (it's in italian, though).

Last edited:

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
that guy, back then, literally flooded Italy of his pirated cassettes... all well recorded... as I learn by reading a bit of his story online, quite a few of his cassettes were also sold abroad like on far eastern countries.
at some point, someone else was making the pirated version of his pirated cassettes :oops: , in fact, if the cover were photocopied they weren't the "original" pirate tape by Erry which had titles and his logo rubber-stamped on the Jcard where he also warned that the photocopied ones weren't his true ones. :toothy8:

an example, this one without song titles, though...

so, he released full albums, compilations, mixtapes and also copies of cassettes recorded at a well known disco club by the DJ himself containing some of the mixed playlists... back in the 80s, I had a couple of the ones with mixed stuff from that well know italian disco club (Charlie).