Minidsp & WOPL

Mohawk

Chief Journeyman
Hello all,

Is anyone using a DSP, in particular a "Minidsp" to directly drive a WOPL ? I'm curious about the setup as far as the DSP's gain structure ...
There are settings for output voltage, 0.9v or 2.0v I believe....
What do the WOPL's like for input voltage ???

M

Billboard

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Need 2.0 volts, i was thinking of purchasing one to mess with bi-amping using my 700 and 400. My system sounds great with just the 700, not looking for aggregation in starting to mess with curves.

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
I was thinking of placing a Bluetooth audio receiver inside a PL400. It wants +12VDC so I might have to build a small power supply for it. I may have to add a input volume control, otherwise it would just be at face melting volume all the time.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
I was thinking of placing a Bluetooth audio receiver inside a PL400. It wants +12VDC so I might have to build a small power supply for it. I may have to add a input volume control, otherwise it would just be at face melting volume all the time.
There is a transformer tap for 12VAC inside the 400 (and 700) so a small rectifier and filter cap should minimize the necessary mods. If it’s a series two, front panel “sensitivity” pots can serve as the volume controls.

mlucitt

My PL400 service manual shows the tap on the transformer is 6VAC, I never measured it though. I think the Series II amps used a 12VAC tap to power the LEDs.
Dang, now I need to find a PL700 Series II. Poor me.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
My PL400 service manual shows the tap on the transformer is 6VAC, I never measured it though. I think the Series II amps used a 12VAC tap to power the LEDs.
Dang, now I need to find a PL700 Series II. Poor me.
Orange to gray is 6v, yellow to gray is 6v, orange to yellow is 12v (on mine, a series two).

mlucitt