Mark goes at it again... just bought a PL700/II!

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
I've done lots worse than that Mark...your story turned out good. NOTHING can be taken for granted..

MarkWComer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
The video for LED meter calibration is finished, so is the one about correcting an error I made on the input jacks. I hesitate to post the "error" video because it may irritate a sensitive jerk on YT.

Monologue:
"Really, you should come over some time- I'm a fun guy (bites a mushroom: "fungi") some of my friends say that I'm quite vaccinating (squirts cyalume [glow stick juice] at the camera, "fascinating"). This would shoot the whole series into the tank...

Vynuladikt

Journeyman
Tagline
Love great audio, beermaking and pyrotechnics
The video for LED meter calibration is finished, so is the one about correcting an error I made on the input jacks. I hesitate to post the "error" video because it may irritate a sensitive jerk on YT.

Monologue:
"Really, you should come over some time- I'm a fun guy (bites a mushroom: "fungi") some of my friends say that I'm quite vaccinating (squirts cyalume [glow stick juice] at the camera, "fascinating"). This would shoot the whole series into the tank...
Nice video, I'll need when I do my 400 II.
That "unmodified" C-1 looks familiar. I know it sounds great even in it's native state.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Nice video, I'll need when I do my 400 II.
That "unmodified" C-1 looks familiar. I know it sounds great even in it's native state.
The only bad thing about the upgrade is the different size of the input jacks on the back. Will have to find a good way to desolder from the circuit board, don’t want to damage any traces. Thinking about a low budget desoldering device using a 4” cooling fan and aquarium hose.

New video series, I guess- the BillD upgrade…

And, yes, BTW- sounds excellent, and the holography circuit is wickedly amazing!

George S.

Chief Journeyman
The only bad thing about the upgrade is the different size of the input jacks on the back. Will have to find a good way to desolder from the circuit board, don’t want to damage any traces. Thinking about a low budget desoldering device using a 4” cooling fan and aquarium hose.

New video series, I guess- the BillD upgrade…

And, yes, BTW- sounds excellent, and the holography circuit is wickedly amazing!
Try some of this for desoldering, it is amazingly good. They give you 5 feet.

Attachments

MarkWComer

Tagline
Awrite... Posting the dreadful input jack error video...

The part that might eject from YouTube is at 11:14, but there's a bunch of cornball crap throughout, starting at about three minutes.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Demo’ed to my nephew and his friend today…
Sez he’s gonna try to scrape up enough kopecks for a 700/WOPL…

MarkWComer

Tagline
All of the BillD components replaced now. I didn’t use the blue LED, I used a white one- and it looks like a train headlight in a tunnel! Switching to the blue one…

I must have desoldered one of the jumpers by mistake, lots of crackly noise…

Yes, videos on the upgrade…

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
All of the BillD components replaced now. I didn’t use the blue LED, I used a white one- and it looks like a train headlight in a tunnel! Switching to the blue one…

I must have desoldered one of the jumpers by mistake, lots of crackly noise…

Yes, videos on the upgrade…

By messing around with the resistor/LED combo, you can tone the "train headlight" down