Looking for user/service manual on PL 6000

Saabracer23

New Around These Parts
Hello all,

Someone gave me a Phase Linear 6000 as they knew I was a Carver and Phase Linear fan. I was hoping that someone would be able to direct me to a manual so that I know exactly how to work it and to make sure that it’s working as it should. Thank you so much.

Dan

Saabracer23

New Around These Parts
Thank you so much, email sent. I guess eBay would be an okay last resort. If I go that route I’ll try to get it up on hifiengine.

Dan

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Perry hasn't uploaded his Kenner Close 'N Play mods yet. He owes it to all of us aficionados.

Saabracer23

New Around These Parts
Sorry, I’m out of the loop since I’m new lol. So I’m not understanding what’s being said here.

I’ve heard good things about this forum. The person that gave me the 6000 also gave me a D-500 power amplifier. I’m hoping the folks here can give me guidance as I fully restore it.

I do audio repair and restoration as a career, so I’m not a dummy, just hoping for guidance on the best upgrades. I know White Oak doesn’t offer anything for the Dual 500/D-500, but hope to get it to White Oak quality.

Dan

mlucitt

Veteran and General Yakker
Dan, you have a good friend there if he gave you a PL-6000 and a D-500! Those are not entry-level items, does he have any other PL stuff?

wattsabundant

Chief Journeyman
Attached is the 6000 manual. The original was on "B" size paper (11 x 17), double sided. It is scanned as such. I did not edit it to make it read in sequential pages. To do so requires someting like Acrobat Pro and is quite time consuming. Anyone with a couple spare hours feel free to do so. I've also uploaded this to HiFi engine.

Attachments

Saabracer23

New Around These Parts
Thank you so much, will definitely come in handy.

Does anyone know where to locate a user/owner’s manual? Looks like the one at stereomanuals.com is just the service manual.

Dan