Looking for a Saba cabinet stereo.

Pure_Brew

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Coffee filters
A friend of mine is looking for one of these. If you see one or know of one that's available, PM me.
hes looking for the one in this pic.
Thank You!

Attachments

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
The one i grew up with was a lighter wood, nice big receiver in the left and turntable on the right. Probably a 60-62 vintage.

Last time I saw it my father has replaced these units with a sansui receiver and dual turntable in the same cabinet.

Good luck with your search.

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
Thanks guys! It's going to be tough to find that exact one I suspect.
With a bit of patience who knows?

One of the search engines I use is Dailylister as it covers Craigslist nation wide. That's how I stumbled on Mark Lucitt's garage sale that Lee was instrumental in getting refocused here at Phoenix. Myself and several others purchased what he had for sale and it was great for both sides as I'm sure he got above garage sale prices but we knew what we were purchasing and those were killer deals for us.

There is a business in LA that restores stereo consoles so I'll keep my eyes peeled for this model - you just never know. The SABA sure looks like a nice system.

gadget73

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Saba made some of the best German radios at that time. I like German tube gear, but its not the most friendly thing to work on. It is very German under the hood too. Tight quarters, overly complex switching mechanisms, and somehow excellent performance out of what would appear to be mediocre parts at first glance. The tuning mechanisms on those things are just a mess. A typical US tuner has a couple of pullies, a tuning shaft, a string, and a condensor at the other end. The German rigs have gear shift mechanisms that disengage the AM tuner when in FM mode. Some have a shift fork, some have a double faced clutch with a sliding clutch dog sort of arrangement. They have multiple tuning strings too. Don't break one, they are a mofo to re-string.

chaz

New Around These Parts
A friend of mine is looking for one of these. If you see one or know of one that's available, PM me.
hes looking for the one in this pic.
Thank You!
Hi there.. Hope ypou are still around... did you ever find a Saba Stereo Console? I've a Saba Model 3060 Automatic which is larger than the one attached to your post. Cheers Charlie

chaz

New Around These Parts
Hi jimbomatic or maybe is it Jim... We don't use it as often as use to and the thought of selling it has come up but I've really not done anything about it. The set is in good condition {as anyone thinking of selling an item would say :) } I have it on currently and all bands seem to work except there is nothing on the LW Band except for a local station which should not be there. I think signal strength of that particular station is quite strong. It's currently in the basement here with my computer office and TV room, I don't have an antenna connected to it but the FM and AM bands are picking up stations but there is nothing on SW because of no antenna. The cabinet is ok, nothing broken or badly scratched. It has a Dual 1011 Record player which needs lubrication to make it work. If I send photos, the tape deck in the photo is a UHER 727 L Stereo Tape Deck. I can attach photos if you like just for your info. What part of the world are you in? I'm going to sell Tape Deck separtely.