List your latest piece of magnetic magnificence..

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Aka.. What's tapin' lately with you?

Me? Well I think I am going to call this the "Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" tape.

On one side I have nice mellow music. Little bit of Lee Ritenour.. few other mellow tunes.

Then on the other I have things like Soulfly.. Slayer... Anthrax

All sounding good on a Rat Shack SHD Type II. Nice stuff..

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Well since ya asked Jer, I'm thinkn' bout what the 1st Travelin' tape should start with, me thinks sumthin rockin' hahe, we'll let Broons see what I come up with, then......

stereorob

Journeyman
Tagline
---
scored a early scotch type 111 from the 1950s the other day, made it a mixtape, some early stuff by traffic on one side, with a dash of pink floyd, on the other, gangsta rap by dmx and flo-rida

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
In the 'Other' category I have at least 10 dozen floppy discs hoarded up (they stopped making them last year). That's how I take my pictures on my Sony Mavica MVC-FD series cameras (may be three soon).

Now back to the cassette and reel world...

Except for my SVHS and Beta cassettes.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
marantz84 said:
scored a early scotch type 111 from the 1950s the other day, made it a mixtape, some early stuff by traffic on one side, with a dash of pink floyd, on the other, gangsta rap by dmx and flo-rida

Early Traffic ---as in "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys"??

Fairchild

Tagline
It's Beer Season!
laatsch55 said:
marantz84 said:

Early Traffic ---as in "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys"??
Or Dear Mr Fantasy?

Really good stuff.

I got my hands on a DVD of early Traffic in concert, very cool to watch a very young Steve Winwood.

Jim

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Jim Capaldi was also in Traffic-wasn't he?? Or was that Humble Pie?? Yep Jim, also have "Shotout at the Fantasy Factory".

Keep getting those confused. Got out my Spooky Tooth--" You Broke My heart so I Busted your Jaw" 1973 release. Band members were Gary Wright, Mick Jones, Bryson Graham, Chris Stewert, Mike Harrison.

Question----is that the same Mick Jones of Foreigner fame??

Tagline
---I like to Rock
My latest was a Pink Floyd rtr of DSOTHM, Animals, Meddle, and A Momentary Lapse of Reason on a Maxwell 35-90. It might have some more on it, been a couple weeks.

Nick Danger

Side A: Herbie Hancock~ Empyrean Isles

Side B: Elmo Hope~ Informal Jazz

Source: Audio Technica AT LP 240/ AT120E

Deck: Pioneer CT F900

Tape: Maxell UR 90

NR: No

Nick Danger

Side A: Lee Morgan~ City Lights

Side B: John Patton~ Oh Baby!

Tape: Maxell UR 90

Nick Danger

Side A: Yes~ The Yes Album

Side B: Traffic~ Low Spark of High Heeled Boys

Tape: Audio Pro Chrome Master 90

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member

A couple of great albums. Is that an NAC tape? I haven't tried recording with any of their product, yet.

Nando.

Nick Danger

A couple of great albums. Is that an NAC tape? I haven't tried recording with any of their product, yet.

Nando.
Yup, it is a NAC tape. I think this may be my go to tape. Sounds a lot like my XL II's and the price is fair. Be glad to send you a couple if you would like try them out. At some point, I would like to try their type I tape as I have heard good things about them. Heck, I will probably pick up a ten pack of the studio masters as well down the road.

Elite-ist

Staff member
Nick: Sure, I'll swap a pair of tapes with you. Have you got any of the Phoenix Blues? They are Type IIs. I may try out their Cobalt and Studio Master cassettes, too. John (jaetee) has used these tapes. I believe NAC used BASF tape for their Studio Master series. I recorded your mix tape on a BASF Chrome Extra II. I have been going through a lot of my NOS stock, lately.

Nick Danger

Nick: Sure, I'll swap a pair of tapes with you. Have you got any of the Phoenix Blues? They are Type IIs. I may try out their Cobalt and Studio Master cassettes, too. John (jaetee) has used these tapes. I believe NAC used BASF tape for their Studio Master series. I recorded your mix tape on a BASF Chrome Extra II. I have been going through a lot of my NOS stock, lately.
No Phoenix tapes in my collection yet and would love a couple. I believe you are correct about the studio master being BASF formula. The cobalt seem to be gaining popularity. Just wish that they would package them the same as their other Audio Pro line. Maybe a green packaging theme.......

Elite-ist

Staff member
No Phoenix tapes in my collection yet and would love a couple. I believe you are correct about the studio master being BASF formula. The cobalt seem to be gaining popularity. Just wish that they would package them the same as their other Audio Pro line. Maybe a green packaging theme.......
Nick: I'll get a pair of Phoenix Blues out to you on the weekend. I, already, have your mix tape package sealed up, and ready to be dropped into the mail this afternoon.

Nando.

Nick Danger

Nick: I'll get a pair of Phoenix Blues out to you on the weekend. I, already, have your mix tape package sealed up, and ready to be dropped into the mail this afternoon.

Nando.
Cheers! I am off to grab a couple of bubble mailers and will get a few tapes in the mail for you ASAP.

Nick Danger

Side 1: Youth Lagoon~ The Year of Hibernation

Side 2: Pete La Roca~ Basra

Deck: JVC TD V531

Tape: Sony HF 90

Last edited:

derek92994

Tagline
Those who enter the man cave will get WOPLed

:thumbright::thumbright::thumbright: Awesome Albums! I have quite a few "Yes" in my vinyl collection. Traffic is also great too. I'll be getting some NAC tapes if I ever get a job.