Lastplace

Lastplace

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
Wow, I've never had a thread about me. Lastplace came from my RC car racing days, I really sucked as a driver.

BTW, I perfect brunets.

Fishoz

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Always learning!
Wow, I've never had a thread about me. Lastplace came from my RC car racing days, I really sucked as a driver.

BTW, I perfect brunets.
Lastplace....could have been me. Never really excelled at RC, usually lastplace. Great at cracking em up though.

BTW..damn autocorrect! Prefer?

Lastplace

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
I thought I would post a pic of my thrift store pile of crap. The M-80 was found in a pile of VCRs, $63. I knew it must be a good amp when I picked it up 50 lbs. I almost dropped it going to the checkout. I went back in and found a C-80 preamp, $37. Picked up the Sony PS-X65 (Hakaplan) and a T-80 from ak members. The EQ-630 came from SA in Richmond, VA. Not in the pic are my Ohm Walsh Twos, $15 from a garage sale down the street. I think the ohms are the best speaker I have ever own.

Attachments

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Ohm Walsh 2's....interesting speaker. Omnidirectional. Have never had the pleasure of hearing a pair but they always intrigued me. Easy room placement? What do you like about them?

BTW $15. Is outstanding.

Lazarus Short

Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
Dude, you have nice gear, and...oh yea, thy humble servant, the Red Knight, doth extend thee greetings!

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I never find cool stuff at the thrift stores here. They either keep the good stuff or never buy it in the first place to throw it away.

And nice Ikea Expedit to set it upon...
It IS nice but I still think my two Thomasville towers for $57 used was a sweet deal and I use 50-60 year old TV cabinets and built a shabby chic recording center from a old desk and top half of some Sauder shelf unit plus a tall side table for the the end of the mixer and a rolling CRT projector/video center from an old dresser with hunter red spraypaint and gold painted trim. It's amazing what $10 here and there does.

62vauxhall

Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
How long have you had the Aiwa AP2200?

I bought one new in 1978 and sold it about 6 months ago. Been with me a long time.

BubbaH

Tagline
---
With that staggering load of LP's, the shelving should have been cross braced on the back. Ikea Expedit owners should take note.
That particular one was set up wrong. Likely not braced to the wall either. Mine is screwed to the studs.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome to our forum, Lastplace. For gear that you found at thrift stores, you did very well. Sometimes, it really doesn't have to cost a lot to get satisfaction.

Nando.

Lastplace

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
How long have you had the Aiwa AP2200?

I bought one new in 1978 and sold it about 6 months ago. Been with me a long time.
It was thrown in with a Nikko set up I purchased off of CL. Nice little table, similar to the Sony's always up cueing. First table I have every owned with adjustable legs. The previous owner took excellent care of the equipment, the 25+ yo dust cover looks brand new.

The Ikeas are bolted to the studs.

Attachments

Last edited:

nelsress

Journeyman
Sweet!

Welcome Lastplace, nice gear, nice record "assortment" and I love the album cover art thing-wish my wife did but I get it, doesn't mix with the living room decor, as it were. You'll enjoy this group, I'm sure, like you seem to be already, they're friendly and most helpful. Have fun!