Kudos to Phase Linear Phanatic

premiumplus

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Stuck in the 70's
This is a big thank you to Phase Linear Phanatic for going out of his way to help me with logistics, regarding the purchase of a PL700B.
Craigslist in St. Louis had a 700B that I wanted but I'm in mid-Michigan and wasn't really into driving 800 or so miles round trip to look at and maybe buy it. Dave (Phase Linear Phanatic) offered to do the transaction and ship it to me. I don't know him except from this forum, but he went far out of his way to help a fellow Phoenixer...and I wanted to take a minute to say THANK YOU SIR! You exemplify the spirit of the Phoenix community, which is Pay It Forward. I appreciate this so much in today's cynical, non-trusting world and so, even though we didn't directly buy and sell, this recommendation means even more.
Thanks, Dave!

Tagline
Born and Raised In The 700 Watt Club.
Very generous Dave. Thanks for the kudos. And here I thought all I was gonna get was a "I helped a phoenix member and all I got was this lousy t-shirt :tshirt:....shirt)? :laughing2:

I would have done the same for any of my phoenix phriends! I just happened to be in the right place at the right time regarding the transaction. A middle man if you will. (without the profit.) I don't do those kind of things for........well.....anybody really. Somehow I do for the guys on this forum. You should really thank all the members here that make me feel that way.

And in saying that, I want to also give my own shout out for those who have done that. Starting with Joe who turned me onto this site. After purchasing eight boards in total, (some light boards some driver boards), I can say he is one of the most helpful and insightful people I know. Jerry for purchasing and trading equipment with me even though he has never met me, and for helping me with a rebuild of my 700B. Lee for providing a generous care package for this build and his crazy wealth of knowledge of these amps. He's like a freakin data base where Phase Linear did a core dump before going bye bye. hah hah! For Doug who supplied me with a PL 700B meter when mine went on the "fitz". LOL! And to Rob (northwinds) and the elit-est and so many others who have contributed to my faith in the guys on this site. Oh yes, lest we forget Nav's Avatars! He also seems to be the doorkeeper to "the cave" and main resident! :confused2: You get everything you could want in the forum.

If it wasn't for all this faith I have in these guys; I never would have went out of my way to help. But it's really the LEAST I can do since I do not posess near the knowledge or training to do any work on these things for anybody. Lest give any advice? I am only lucky enough I went to school, got a degree and they will let me near a soldering iron. That way I can at minimum install light boards? Hah!

Welcome to the club of running dual 700B's! I will kick mine up a notch too. But I am waiting for both funds, back-plane info on the 700's and possible new amplifier enhancement announcements in the coming year. We shall see. Nothing gets your eye like a stack of PL gear! (see my photo's) That's the love affair that is Phase Linear! We are all Phanatics thanks to the guys on this forum. Taking our existing passion and turning it into a crazy reality.