Ken Block Dies..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
In a snowmobiling accident in Utah....he was 55.

Of all the ways he could have gone, that was not one I would have bet on..

I saw that on the news today, a lot of stars passing recently. Not there is any one person is more important than the other, but a lot of icons so to speak.

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I loved his over the top YouTube Hoonigan drag races. Made me want to building a 4 wheel drive

The accident occurred at 2 p.m. when Block was riding a snowmobile down a steep slope in Wasatch County, Utah, according to the Wasatch County Sheriff's Office.

The snowmobile upended and landed on top of Block, the Sheriff's Office said, and he was later pronounced dead at the scene from injuries sustained in the accident.

"Mr. Block was riding with a group but was alone when the accident occurred,"

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
I've seen some nasty sledding accidents and heard of at least 2 deaths while out there years ago. Usually bad things happen at night, while riding on lakes...ice heaves and docks that are not seen while cruising at high speed. Very sad to hear of any death while riding. Ken was a master at his art. One of my good instructor friends is an accomplished rally racer from Maine. Ken was a student of his years ago and he talked fondly of the friendship the two formed after that day.