Justin Beaver selling his music catalog

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
Indeed!...and I even haven't start my career yet - just ask mia doccia.
"mia doccia" meant as "my shower"?

anyways, this evening at italian TV news, they told about Justin Beaver who sold his own catalog for more money than any other one did till now!

so, for example, we should assume his short catalog worths more than Bob Dylan's one? The world is upside down! :eek:

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
"mia doccia" meant as "my shower"?

anyways, this evening at italian TV news, they told about Justin Beaver who sold his own catalog for more money than any other one did till now!

so, for example, we should assume his short catalog worths more than Bob Dylan's one? The world is upside down! :eek:
I don't know Vince, I put Dylan in the same category as Beaver except I think Beaver can sing. Never been a Dylan fan. He's whacko just like Prince and a few others. Now Tiny Tim.... There is a great musician....... Him and Miss Vickey are Tiptoeing Through the Tulips as we speak...... :)

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I don't know Vince, I put Dylan in the same category as Beaver except I think Beaver can sing. Never been a Dylan fan. He's whacko just like Prince and a few others. Now Tiny Tim.... There is a great musician....... Him and Miss Vickey are Tiptoeing Through the Tulips as we speak...... :)
Actually, i picked up Dylan as an example and I've never been a Dylan fan as well.
Of course, I never listened to Justin Beaver then I cannot judge but, if anything, i find it weird to compare a true piece of hystory like Dylan (despite I don't love him myself) with a huge catalog of music spanned over several decades with a youngster who, at least to me, is a mr. nobody with a catalog made of a few albums spanned over about 10 years.
Also, continuing with the Dylan example, it's almost 60 years he is selling his music and he will likely keep selling in the future but who knows if, in 50 years (but also in 30 years) if people will remember about this young songwriter? I believe his actual "target market" is mostly made of teens and youngsters, true? I doubt adult/mature people do know who he is... I am turning 50 in a few months and never happened to listen to any of his songs and I am quite sure I would not like them at all. How songwriters can be interesting for those of us who happened to enjoy songwriters back in the good old days? Think, i.e., about Ed Sheeran who is another young songwriter who's considered really good by a lot of people... well, to me it's just nothing interesting... all the good stuff about this kind of pop/folk/songwriters music was just done decades ago and, unless you try to make something new and radically different, which would mean you're doing another genre of music, you just cannot go on with the same recycled ideas... i mean, once you tried any possible chord sequences and the obvious vocal melodies to put on them, that kind of music is over... and I believe it's over since quite some time now.

But, maybe, the truth is that I am simply getting too old... don't I ? :D

Go figure... this evening I did put on my turntable these 3 vinyl LPs in a row: Animals, Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of The Moon... if it wasn't time to go to bed, I'd go on with the Beatles' LPs! :p:cool:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Actually, i picked up Dylan as an example and I've never been a Dylan fan as well.
Of course, I never listened to Justin Beaver then I cannot judge but, if anything, i find it weird to compare a true piece of hystory like Dylan (despite I don't love him myself) with a huge catalog of music spanned over several decades with a youngster who, at least to me, is a mr. nobody with a catalog made of a few albums spanned over about 10 years.
Also, continuing with the Dylan example, it's almost 60 years he is selling his music and he will likely keep selling in the future but who knows if, in 50 years (but also in 30 years) if people will remember about this young songwriter? I believe his actual "target market" is mostly made of teens and youngsters, true? I doubt adult/mature people do know who he is... I am turning 50 in a few months and never happened to listen to any of his songs and I am quite sure I would not like them at all. How songwriters can be interesting for those of us who happened to enjoy songwriters back in the good old days? Think, i.e., about Ed Sheeran who is another young songwriter who's considered really good by a lot of people... well, to me it's just nothing interesting... all the good stuff about this kind of pop/folk/songwriters music was just done decades ago and, unless you try to make something new and radically different, which would mean you're doing another genre of music, you just cannot go on with the same recycled ideas... i mean, once you tried any possible chord sequences and the obvious vocal melodies to put on them, that kind of music is over... and I believe it's over since quite some time now.

Go figure... this evening I did put on my turntable these 3 vinyl LPs in a row: Animals, Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of The Moon... if it wasn't time to go to bed, I'd go on with the Beatles' LPs! :p:cool:

I like the Floyd material, but I gotta put the beatles in the same category as dylan. They were highly overrated. Never spent any money on the beatles or dylan. I think The Bus Boys had more talent than the beatles. The screaming chicks in the 60's might have been impressed but I wasn't. I didn't care for Hendrix either so maybe I just didn't have any taste.......

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors

Eric Burdon & the Animals?? House of the Rising Sun? Don't let me be Misunderstood? Dig It!

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
About 50 years ago, I kind of liked the Dylan song about a pump not working because the vandal stole the handle.
Maybe that's why he always looks like he needs a shower. Someone stole the handle............

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
LOL... but my tastes are somewhat various and not only related to the older stuff, though.

I also don't care about Hendrix and a lot more ones which are widely loved.

that said, the Floyds always were something special to me... go figure, i do also collect (and regularly listen to) their bootleg/unofficial/audience recordings since I was 14, to the point of knowing several of their old concert dates/venues by memory, which makes of myself a truly mad fanatic of the band. :p

(must admit the latter thing might deserve a big "HUH?")

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
must have been clearer. LOL

the HUH? is not intended about of the Floyds, but maybe about of all those poor sound quality audience recordings i love to listen to and most of all because i know several dates/venues of their old gigs by memory. ;)

Last edited:

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Well, yes, that's the venue where the sensational abilities of my vocal cords get to be unleashed. I even stream each of these unique performances for free, for everybody to enjoy...down the drain. Don't you?
myself?

no, never used to sing in the shower...
I am brave enough to write my own songs and then record myself, actually. o_O