Jim's 400 Series II

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Got a guy over from AK that Ron let me know about a few months ago. In for a wopl'ing is a nice series II. Got it torn down, and now it's time for parts to become another schweet sounding power amp. :headbang:
.5 already down.jpg

Parts story, so far...

1-JoeParts.jpg

And, time to get busy with the standoffs on the back-planes.:glasses2:

2-standoffs.jpg

shrinkboy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
i'm the guy...

damn, when you say 'stripped down' you mean STRIPPED down---i look forward to this, and thanks for your help, Jerry

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
damn, when you say 'stripped down' you mean STRIPPED down---i look forward to this, and thanks for your help, Jerry
Yessir.. the chassis is outside the door in the box. I'll be taking the xformer off too.. nothing stays as it is hehe

Standoffs are done.. time to populate the backplanes..

3-soffdone.jpg

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Getting there, guys.. I have new speaker posts coming for the DCP (dang thought I ordered em with the DCP components).
Don's a bit out of pocket tho, so not sure when the DCP board and chip will be here.. :scratch:

6-bpsinstalled.jpg

jbeckva

Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
LOL hey Ron... here's what is waiting in the wings. Just need to go down and get some screwz.. Yep, this was the one you had sent a few years back. Dingbat me - I found out about 2 years ago that it's real problem was me knuckle-dragging one of the outputs. Didn't see it until I robbed 'em for a wopl build long ago, where one of the pins was bent while installing it! Dagnabit.. well, it'll be ebayed prolly when I'm done! :headbang:

7-whilewewaitLOL.jpg

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Yeah man, they're nice. One of these days I'll get a series II for me own...
IF you look in Heads Up! I posted a forlorn pound puppy 400 that's on eBay you might be able to rescue.

shrinkboy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
amp!!

so i got a PM from Jerry over on AK saying the amp is done, is in testing, and to look for pix here, soon...but, where are they, Jerry? many thanks for all your help on this.

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
LOL hey Ron... here's what is waiting in the wings. Just need to go down and get some screwz.. Yep, this was the one you had sent a few years back. Dingbat me - I found out about 2 years ago that it's real problem was me knuckle-dragging one of the outputs. Didn't see it until I robbed 'em for a wopl build long ago, where one of the pins was bent while installing it! Dagnabit.. well, it'll be ebayed prolly when I'm done! :headbang:

View attachment 30814
That was a damn fine amp Jer aside from that slight buzzing

shrinkboy

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
the amp shipped safely and fully WOPL'd by Jerry, and it is probably the best upgrade i've ever done in my system. many, MANY thanks to Jerry for his fine work

so i got a PM from Jerry over on AK saying the amp is done, is in testing, and to look for pix here, soon...but, where are they, Jerry? many thanks for all your help on this.