Jase's New Pre-Amp....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
My buddy, Steve in Phoenix says " It;'s handbuilt by fanatics in Washington"....

Skynyrd77

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
lost in my own world
That looks expensive, Lee.

Nando.
Oh it was!! 1250$ and its 10 years old lol! But it sounds amazing a tuned input and a ss output. So smooth and detailed! I love the WOPL/modwright combo! Sounds so good. Nvr comprimises anything at any volume. It was worth every penny. I just wish it had a phono on it.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Jason: A Modwright Instruments and Phase Linear combination is surely a blissful audio marriage. It's like two sort of opposites being attracted to each other. I'm glad to see you didn't go down the more conventional preamp route.

Nando.

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
I tried to hold out but couldn't resist lol. And I'm glad I didnt . Atm though I have to use my 3600 for my TT. But eventually I would like a musical fidelity m1vinyl phono pre. But that's another 1000$ so it will be a bit for that.

gadget73

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Ah, proper circuit components.

I like the input selector rigging. Rather than run feet of cable, just extend the shaft on the switch and minimize your wire runs.

Skynyrd77

Tagline
lost in my own world
I'm using a denon dl-110 cart. It's a HOMC cart so it can run through mc or mm. I have a Pickering v15 also but I'd like to get a new stylus for it. The denons sound better to me personally! I would like to try a standalone phono pre with this modwright. The reason you hear me talk about the musical fidelity m1vinl so much is I had 1 off crutchfield for a bit and my dumbass sent it back and the day I did crutchfield discontinued MF lol. It was a amazing soundin phono section with tons of loading features. I haven't heard many other stand alone phono pre's..

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Ah, proper circuit components.

I like the input selector rigging. Rather than run feet of cable, just extend the shaft on the switch and minimize your wire runs.

And the noise associated with em....