Inverted back plates build

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
Hi all
It's been a while for me to post but I have been following along all Summer. Finally got some time and am embarking on my need build. I have a nice new chassis from Joe just sitting and was going to build that but I wanted to do something different first. I mentioned to Joe some time ago about this build and his words of wisdom still sing in my head. Why would you do that? Anyway it's your build have at it.
And so here is what I am doing. The whole inside will get flipped. The only real mod is the elongate a few holes and drill new bias screw holes.
By doing this I have shortened the AC run. I am also switching both legs of the AC power before the Transformer. I will add a 15 amp plug and flip the main fuse to the old hole for the power cord.
here are the first shots before taking off.
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
I mean how far off were they with the movie. Look how they have hidden the Flux Capacitor
image.jpg

Last edited:

BubbaH

Tagline
---
Beautiful pictures of the fish. Can you catch them year round in your location or have they moved in simply for spawning?

grapplesaw

Tagline
---

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
We have the same sit u at ion at our Lake DeSmet..the planted Kokanee feed the big browns....

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Nice work Glen. Absence of a Zoebel on the DC protect makes for a neat lookin DCP doesn't it?

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
Nice work Glen. Absence of a Zoebel on the DC protect makes for a neat lookin DCP doesn't it?
Thanks Lee. I like your idea of doing it right. So you see the power feed runs along the bottom side of the amp in more or less a straight shot to the power switch, that new big one in the photo, then one leg goes back to the thermal switches and on to the transformer. The AC120v is now far away from the input. I have decided to completely remove the direct couple switch and do just that. Inputs are going to be Direct coupled to the control board and I will not install high pass caps on the input.

The control board and the back plates are about 1/2" farther apart for better heat rejection. The DCP board is also 1/2" higher off the back.

I have a lot to do to the led panel. One of the led boards must be rechipped and gone over. So if. Do one then why not do both.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Yes I did Glen. I got twenty of them. I think it was Mark I forgot to send some to.

grapplesaw

Tagline
---
I got a little more pieced together. The volume control wires may need to be rethought out but looking good so far.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg