Installing Bridge Snubbers onto PL700B and PL700 Series 2 amplifiers (now available with 50A/600V Bridge option)

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
I prepared this photo tutorial to guide you through the bridge snubbers on these amplifiers. PL400 amplifiers are easy as there is plenty of clearance. The PL700
amplifiers have less clearance all around so this provides the technique to be successful.

Hope it helps you out.

Attachments

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
I prepared this photo tutorial to guide you through the bridge snubbers on these amplifiers. PL400 amplifiers are easy as there is plenty of clearance. The PL700
amplifiers have less clearance all around so this provides the technique to be successful.

Hope it helps you out.
Very nicely done Joe.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
The RevA board is showing in this mechanical assembly. The RevB board added 2 wirepads to solder to in order to bring out the transformer AC to attach to Don's DC Protect board. I believe that Don is updating his instructions to show that as well.

Only the RevB board has been shipping for a while now...

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
The RevA board is showing in this mechanical assembly. The RevB board added 2 wirepads to solder to in order to bring out the transformer AC to attach to Don's DC Protect board. I believe that Don is updating his instructions to show that as well.

Cool! I was going to ask about those two pads. I'll be installing the snubber on my friend's 400-II tomorrow. Great timing on the instruction - and great pictorial!

Hexis22

Chief Journeyman

Thanks for the comment regarding addition of AC pads for DCP board.

I'll put that to good use in upcoming build.