In the Lower Mainland, BC - Bose 901 II w/EQ - online auction

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Gordon S., of innovative Audio, introduced me to maxsold. Take a peek at this auction. Unfortunately, it was for an auction in Victoria. Almost worth taking the ferry trip to pick it up.

Naado.

62vauxhall

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
No such things as bad days, just bad moments
I'm keen to see what those 901's actually sell for. I've not bought anything on MaxSold except those 8 track tapes I picked up last Sunday for which I paid more than I wanted. There were only two I of interest but someone else wanted them too. I made the mistake of watching the last half hour live and was compelled to not let the other guy get them.

A friend of mine has a vintage & collectable shop and she buys on MaxSold quite a bit. Her method is to put a max bid on everything, rings for instance, then gets what she had not been outbid on. At least she has not overpaid for anything.

Her husband on the other hand, bid on a Thorens TD150 for no other reason than he remembered Thorens as an upscale brand in the 1970's. It cost him $260 and was disappointed when picked it up. I did what I could but it cost him another $100 for belt & stylus. I would not have given $50 for the thing.

It's a distinct disadvantage there is no pre-viewing of the items.