I have designs for this.. hehe

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Going to go 100 percent preamp FREE, with just the DAC's variable output to the WOPL 1000B.

20140526_225412.jpg

With the help of this EMU 0404 PCI as part of the general signal routin'... It will be an interesting experiment... Got a DBX-400 program route selector to help spider out the inputs, and a Behringer Microphono PP400 phono preamp for LP's. To be continued next week.. :glasses8:

20140526_225535.jpg

Rat44

Journeyman
Hope it works as planned.
I used one of those sound cards for years.
Still have it .
Switch to an ESI Juli@ only when I went 64 bit Winblows.
Great card.

tivali

New Around These Parts
Tagline
---
The comment section of this video is hilarious. It's full of the exact people Al is satirizing but 100% sincere.

Last edited:

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
On a more serious note, I used to run my DAC's variable output OR my tuner's variable output directly into my power amp. I figured at the time that the less-is-more lack of a preamp balanced out the hassle of having to unplug/plug-in interconnect cables. It sounded great.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
If I had only been able to afford Rick's Pioneer U-24 at $500 I'd be using it. AND still looking for a pre or more switching.

orange

Tagline
Speaking of Jer, hey vato? I see you lurking but you don't say much...holler back!

orange

Tagline
He was doing this over a year ago...the thread is from April 2014 IIRC.

MAY, I stand corrected.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Hey ya Jer! Nice to see ya buddy! While going Pre-less is not so hard with digital and other high level outputs into an amp. Vinyl nut that I am, I need to know how integrating a phono pre works in your set up.

Love ya bro!!

Northwinds

Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
Jer, what kind of loading options do you have with phono carts with the DAC? A few carts that I have are not usable without loading options, especially the MC types which is why I can't really use the P-304 for MC's. Now it sits in the garage driving the Dynaco Stereo 400 and I use the Kenny C2 in the main system since I am offering up my Perreaux for a WOPL conversion