Help with flat screen tv

Steve K

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Hi guys, I have a power supply for a tv that has some bad components. All are available from Mouser except a surface mount diode that I can't find anywhere. It's a "rs1jjtd". There is also another number "ND1Z0RS1JJTD". I think one is a Philipps part number. Is there some kind of alternative or is this thing trash?

NavLinear

Veteran and General Yakker
I suspect there is a way to cross reference the part number to one that is comparable and available to purchase. I tried but was unsuccessful but I did not spend a lot of time researching. If I come up with something I'll let you know.

MarkWComer

Tagline
Victim of the record bug since age five
My sister's house is susceptible to voltage spikes during thunder storms, so I got my nephew's old Vizio.

Screw replacing SMDs- just replace the damned board! Most of the suppliers of the boards accept tradeins of the old boards for a discount.

Steve K

Journeyman
Tagline
---
That was my first thought but they don't seem to be available. I think they were a multi-branded unit made by Funai. Probably not the highest quality.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Funai is what happened to dear old Sansui...:love9:

orange

Tagline
What model and screen size is this one? Does it have an AKAI counterpart (you find them a lot in truckstops now and then)? Orion or Broksonic (reminds you of Broken)?

orange

Tagline
Philips got ticked off at Funai and called off the sale of their consumer electronics division last time I heard, as to who made it, look for a country of manufacture ID which should also have the model number, or it will be close to that. A date of manufacture is often included on those tags, that would help.

For TVs newer than 2008 call 1-866-309-5962 otherwise you need to use the chat link it says on this page:

http://www.usa.philips.com/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html

Steve K

Journeyman
Tagline
---
It was built April 2014, model # 40pfl4909/f7. Made in Thailand by P&F USA Inc. I've looked around online and it looks like this board is used on Magnavox, Emerson, and maybe some others but they are sold out everywhere.

orange

Tagline
Then it sounds to me like you can call that number! At least you can get transferred a few times and hope one of them sounds like an older lady who is in need of somebody to make her laugh, like I end up doing.