Hello All

finebar4

Journeyman
Tagline
---
Stumbled across this place and thought I might hang my hat a while. Just picked up a pristine 400 and ready to make her shine. I see I can get a lot of advice and have some studying to do for the next couple days. This will be my first amp mod...and i want to get it right the first time. Have had a couple hacks butcher up some fine equipment in my past and am done going that route.

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Good to have you join us. There is plenty of helpful advice available from knowledgeable members who know what works and how best to do it when it comes to PL repairs and modifications.

Nando.

Bradrock

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---I run with Scissors
Stumbled across this place and thought I might hang my hat a while. Just picked up a pristine 400 and ready to make her shine. I see I can get a lot of advice and have some studying to do for the next couple days. This will be my first amp mod...and i want to get it right the first time. Have had a couple hacks butcher up some fine equipment in my past and am done going that route.
I think you have the right attitude. I'm 62 and have almost never paid to have anything built or repaired. I'd rather buy books and or take classes and buy the necessary tools to do it right.
Now there is youtube and that is WAY better than walking five miles to the library because my transmission went out!
I think DIY is making a YUUGE comeback!:cheers::cheers:
If I can't be handsome, I can surely be handy.

Fishoz

Tagline
Always learning!
Welcome....

This is the place for your project, everything you will need to know is right here.....plus a lot of crap you don't need. WOPL away!

NavLinear

Welcome finebar - always good to get new members that post. You'll have fun getting that Phase Linear to sing again. Here's a Nav welcome babe:

Attachments

finebar4

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I have been perusing and already bitten hard. Already done on the search for an Acurus pre-amp to match up with my new toy for true listening pleasure on a budget. Thanks for the warm welcome......but this place is gonna be painful on my spending habits for a good while. What drove me here is my Japanese market Pioneer SX-9 gave up after a very hard life after purchasing in the PX in Wurzburg, Germany in '83. She made it from my early 20's to my early 50's......which still amazes me that I did. When I bought her, I had no clue about audio equipment. Fast forward a year and I got a new roomie in the barracks and he had a Series One that I absolutely fell in love with. Well as Luck would have it. I was perusing Craigslist and came across this one in like new condition....original owner....and been in storage the last 20 years. From there I found all of you :?

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Sitting on a Parasound xPhono leftover from a office setup I used to
have.
If I did that it would not like me but then again one of my poor cats survived that by accident six years ago, still here.

There is nothing a bunch of old guys prone to hijacking a thread for a while when things get slow or too serious cannot do.

finebar4

Journeyman
Tagline
---
If I did that it would not like me but then again one of my poor cats survived that by accident six years ago, still here.

There is nothing a bunch of old guys prone to hijacking a thread for a while when things get slow or too serious cannot do.
It helps offset the other butt cheek raised by a now empty wallet. I drive a lot and don't want a permanent crook in my back from sitting lopsided all the time. As a 50 something year old wise ass.....maybe I will fit in :)