Hello all from Southern UT

utahusker

New Around These Parts
I've been told this is a great place to hang by a friend. I've been involved in audio since the early 70's. By involved, I mean spending money on a hobby I love.

I departed from the heavy consumerism for a decade or two, then re-entered whole hog.

Coming from the "best" direct drive turntables , CD players, Digital music servers, and solid state gear, I've returned to tubes and analog.

My system is:

Highly modified Klipsch Lascalas
NOS Valves VRD 45ST amp
Juicy Music Blueberry Extreme Pre-amp
Thorens TD-124 Turntable (Thoroughly Rebuilt By "Me")
Nakamichi BX-300 Cassette recorder/player
Cambridge Audio azur 640c CD Player

Thanks Stuwee!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
Yea !! Hola :wave: , I'm so glad you could drop in and join us :toothy10: :toothy7: :toothy10: , :D

Pssst.....guys and gals, he's been known to watch a NASCAR race or two with his lovely wife and buddies at the Vegas track, but I ain't one to gossip, so you didn't hear it from me!

Welcome to Phoenix #39 fan :cheers:

Craig :color:

styx

Journeyman
utahusker said:
I've been told this is a great place to hang by a friend. I've been involved in audio since the early 70's. By involved, I mean spending money on a hobby I love.

I departed from the heavy consumerism for a decade or two, then re-entered whole hog.

Coming from the "best" direct drive turntables , CD players, Digital music servers, and solid state gear, I've returned to tubes and analog.

My system is:

Highly modified Klipsch Lascalas
NOS Valves VRD 45ST amp
Juicy Music Blueberry Extreme Pre-amp
Thorens TD-124 Turntable (Thoroughly Rebuilt By "Me")
Nakamichi BX-300 Cassette recorder/player
Cambridge Audio azur 640c CD Player

Thanks Stuwee!
Welcome. Nice system you have listen there. I see by your avatar you're into tractors...are you familiar with http://www.mytractorforum.com ?

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
It's good to have you join our forum, utahusker. It is especially nice to have someone who experienced all the vintage gear when it was new at the time.

Nando.

speakerman1

Honorary Forum "Larrt" (ornery too)
Tagline
Wasted Days and Wasted Nights
Here you have to have a Mean Green Machine. LOL Did you ever drive a tricycle gear tractor. They would walk up on you unless you had weights on the front. And never hit anything big like a hole or a rock. It will jerk the steering wheel out of your hands . I thought it was going to break my wrist. Had an old JD B model. Put it in 1st gear it would pull a house if you could keep the front down. I hated the hand clutch.

larry

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
speakerman1 said:
Here you have to have a Mean Green Machine. LOL Did you ever drive a tricycle gear tractor. They would walk up on you unless you had weights on the front. And never hit anything big like a hole or a rock. It will jerk the steering wheel out of your hands . I thought it was going to break my wrist. Had an old JD B model. Put it in 1st gear it would pull a house if you could keep the front down. I hated the hand clutch.

larry
Hi Larry,

My Grandpa had those green colored machine, even a B that you mentioned..... His had a loader on it, the one you had to trip using a rope!

Robert

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Learned how tpo drive cultivating beets and beans on a JD 520, utahusker, Welcome, and REMEMBER---------Nothing runs like a DEERE!~!!!!

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
rtp_burnsville said:
stuwee said:
[quote="rtp_burnsville":21204li2]Even though your tractor is certainly the wrong color (BTW, the correct color is Kubota Orange!!), welcome to the forum......

Robert
Pfffft! Robert, adjust your monitor :lol:

No, No, No..... Monitor adjusted perfectly....... :) :)[/quote:21204li2]

In Minnesota all proper tractors are YELLOW

Like Minneapolis-Moline.

rtp_burnsville

Chief Journeyman
Hi Orange,

EWE, Not Yellow!!!!!! I can see we have many color blind individuals among us!! :D

Now repeat after me: The correct color is ORANGE, The correct color is ORANGE, The correct color is ORANGE...... Ahhh, so much better!

Robert