Happy holiday week to ya'll

Fairchild

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
It's Beer Season!
Best holiday wishes to you and your family Craig! And to everyone else here.

After thursday we can officially play our Trans-Siberian Orchestra music in public!

Jim

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I'm going to try to make my pies after so many years...I have baking Splenda and Crisco and flour from the food bank, maybe some cinnamon still.

A local farmer had very nice apples free and I got maybe 200+ of them I culled with my friend and he got all he wanted as well. I gave several dozen to my mailcarier as she dries them, many will go to my family here for the holidays and as I said I will make a couple pies for me this week.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Fairchild said:
Best holiday wishes to you and your family Craig! And to everyone else here.

After thursday we can officially play our Trans-Siberian Orchestra music in public!

Jim
They were already here in concert!

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
stuwee's fan-tab-U-lus artichoke spinach dip recipe....Top secret, just for you my friends!

Boil, steam 20 or 30 artichokes
blanche a big bunch of spinach
set out 5 tubs of philly cream cheese (so it gets to room temp)
chop 3 sweet yellow onions
mince 2 whole garlic bulbs
chop up a bunch of swiss cheese

Cut the artichokes down to the hearts, chop them up in to good size pieces
throw them and the spinach into a huge mixing bowl with the cream cheese, swiss, onions and garlic
beat the crap outta it, like a clubfooted, redheaded stepchild :mrgreen:
Place it a cassorole dish, cover with more swiss cheese, sprinkle (love that word) parmasean cheese, broil till the top is nice and bubbly, slightly brown, dig in!!!

Peace, Craig

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Hey Stu!

By chance did you happen have the recipe for those "out west style" carne asada burritos? I think it's the one's with guacamole, lime juice, pico de gallo - sound familiar?

I've came pretty close, but I aint quite "got it" yet.

stuwee

Flying the Vista Cruiser up there... RIP
jbeckva said:
Hey Stu!

By chance did you happen have the recipe for those "out west style" carne asada burritos? I think it's the one's with guacamole, lime juice, pico de gallo - sound familiar?

I've came pretty close, but I aint quite "got it" yet.
You have the basics, you just have to play with the amounts tex-mex food is all about the balance 'getting it just so as we say out here....the steak part is the hardest to get right, just depends in your taste buds, I love a good rub on mine :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

The guac needs lots of freshroasted garlic and a dash of salt and pepper to balance right.