Happy Father's Day !!! (with Zeppole)

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
a Happy Father's Day to every fathers out there.

here, our local traditions teach us we must have some ZEPPOLE. :p

and since I am in Calabria region, here we get both the influence from Naples and from Sicily, as we are just in the middle... not bad at all. :cool:

So... this morning I've got there, the Zeppole di San Giuseppe , recipe from Naples, fried version... filled with crema pasticciera.

IMG_20220319_132428.jpg
IMG_20220319_133122.jpg

But.... early afternoon, my sister rang my doorbell and she brought there other guys here below...

The Zeppole di San Giuseppe , recipe from Sicily, fried version... filled with ricotta e panna.

IMG_20220319_161603.jpg

IMG_20220319_161840.jpg

Obviously... I had to make sure they are both good then, till now, I ate two of each... and, believe me, they are both excellent! WOW! :p:D

Cheers,

Vince

Vintage 700b

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Fabricator
Happy Fathers Day Vince 666,
Great Pictures!!! The first picture really brings back memories. My great grandparents came from Fonzaso (way North), and Naples.
My great grandmother. grandmother, and my mother always made them the Naples way.....just like your picture! It is such a special treat, and seeing both versions really brought me home for a minute. Soooo good with espresso.
Thanks for sharing!

vince666

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
I will not be missed! :p
Happy Fathers Day Vince 666,
Great Pictures!!! The first picture really brings back memories. My great grandparents came from Fonzaso (way North), and Naples.
My great grandmother. grandmother, and my mother always made them the Naples way.....just like your picture! It is such a special treat, and seeing both versions really brought me home for a minute. Soooo good with espresso.
Thanks for sharing!
I am wishing Father's day but, actually, I am not a father myself. :eek: ( but I am a very happy uncle, after all )

And also my mother is from Naples, then the first version (the Naples way) is usually the way to go here too.

The Sicily ones are a version I've discovered only a few years ago, and a welcome add.

Sure, espresso fits so nicely. :cool: