Guitar Center is filing for bankruptcy

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Another one bites the dust boys. When we finally come out of lock-down, there won't be anything left to go see. I heard that the Grand Canyon was retiring too!!!!!

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I've not read the story yet. How does a guitar store go under at a time when guitars & everything related are selling like crazy town? I like Sweetwater. I tried to buy a new guitar recently. I was looking between $600.00 - $1.500. Enough for me to put some thought into it. For three weeks I'd spend hours selecting one only to have it sold out before I could click the button. That's when I started buying parts to put one together.
I may never play, but the Sweetwater staff treats me like Gold buying junk I'll never be able to use. ( or tell if it even works for that matter!)

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
In fact, I just bought a new Fender amp from Sweetwater. Having the Marshall half stack sitting next to my recliner for 20 years & still no playing was getting old.
So I bought a smaller amp that at least is a nice height for my coffee cup while I watch youtube guitar lessons & think ...one of these days..............................