Greetings from upstate NY - have owned the same Dual 500 the past 4 decades...

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
I knew you'd like it.

Good to meet you too. I like Jeff Beck's music - thanks for sharing this clip. I had not seen it before.
She does have a killer smile tho...
Nav, seems like the theme of this evening is the 'daily double'. If you like the idea of a classically trained lady musician who can take something as raw & abrasive as a Sepultura song & almost turn it into a piece of classical music...but at the same time is able to make a crowd of Icelandic headbangers go wild at the finish...then here is quick little 3-minute ditty worth watching. ...Oh yeah, almost forgot, her name is Vika, and she has a memorable smile at the end.

Isn't it amazing to observe (& experience) the power that music has over humans? Wild stuff!

Tagline
Lifelong student / listening = bliss
Agree ... and this one has been fun!
e30m3mon, you are so right, this has been especially fun for me. You know, this forum has the same vibe that I felt whenever we were at the track and you were surrounded by like-minded individuals who were also taking what they had put together and were going to put the sum total of their efforts to the test. I read elsewhere that you were an instructor driver on a track in CT?

Years ago I went to a Ducati Day at NH Motor Speedway, where you alternated ~45 minute classroom theory sessions & 45 minute on track practice time all day long. Man, the instructors were so observant & helpful, my last laps of the day were so much quicker but at the same time felt so much slower -- the difference between untrained reacting moment to moment to what's right in front of me...to having a plan/groove and looking through the turns, etc, made all the difference in the world. I had a Sport 750 at the time, and that day was by far the best day I ever spent on that bike.

I also used to go to the Epping dragstrip on a semi-regular basis, primarily the Wed. night test & tune. That was the place that felt closest to the vibe in this forum -- everybody there were more than happy to share whatever knowledge they had picked up along the way.

Anyway, thanks to Nav's earlier value-added to this thread this evening has turned into a musical ladies night. I'm sharing this final musical choice of the evening w/you because you of all people comprehend how important it is to get deep into proper timing (aka the groove) when traversing different sections of the track! And the reason why I'm all amped up (pun intended) to be listening to this song is because when this lady plays the bass the lights in the house dim in time with her thunder thumb.

It's as if I have been training at your track in a stock 36hp VW beetle for the past 20+ years, and now I readying a (similar curb weight) 360+hp
2-seater Cobra replica. How can a 10x better power/weight ratio not make for a better, more awe-inspiring track day? When it comes to this song by Meshell Ndegeocello , underpowered listening is about as much fun as a stock aircooled VW bug at the dragstrip.

In English, can't wait to hear/feel this song post WOPL upgrade!

NOTE: For best results, turn it up - Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited: