Greetings from Texas

NeverSatisfied

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Play the Game, don’t be the Game
Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a little while and have been fortunate to have made contact with Don (watts abundant).
A little background, I have been interested (obsessed is more accurate) in PL gear for a couple years now. It started when I was gifted a D500 and 4000S2 preamp, since then the madness has taken over. I have loved audio from a very young age but consider myself more of a collector than audiophile. Endless searching for people who can service these vintage jewels is how I found Phoenix and through that Don, who has been very generous with his time and knowledge, and as many of you know is an all around great guy. We (He, I just watched) installed one of his speaker protection boards on my 700S2 and he has graciously agreed to rebuild one of my 400S2 to give it the full WOPL treatment. To that end I need to reach out to Mark L and get all the boards ordered.
Anyway, glad to finally join this great bunch of PL enthusiasts and hope to contribute wherever I can.
Thanks
Spencer

Elite-ist

Administrator, (and straight-up pimp stick!)
Staff member
Welcome to our forum, Spencer. Great assemblage of gear, judging by the pictures you posted in another thread.

Nando.

e30m3mon

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Welcome! This is the best place to be on the web, especially if you have been looking for brilliant and insightful posts about all things audio….and other ramblings :)

You’re going to absolutely love your WOPL 400 S2 amp, and be sure to go full complimentary. Enjoy!
Al

Lazarus Short

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
I'm the Red Knight, by grant of the Black
...we are all P/L addicts!
Well, not all of us, though I did once own a PL 2000 preamp and liked it. For some reason I have a hard time holding on to preamps. I'm kind of an outlier in this forum...but never an out liar. Anyway, welcome from Missouri (pronounced "Misery")!