Got tired of Mouser slow shipping-

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
Well, I was "In The Mood" yesterday and got tired of my Mouser Electronics shipments taking so long. After reading their bullshit statement:

[h=3]State-of-the-Art Distribution Operations[/h]When you need the right part right now, think Mouser. Selection, speed, and accuracy are the core of Mouser’s state-of-the-art distribution center with sophisticated equipment enabling us to process orders 24/7. The wireless warehouse management system is streamlined to nearly perfect pick-and-ship operations delivering a 5-Sigma confidence rating, better than 99%. Orders are processed and ready to ship in 15 minutes in most cases, enabling same-day shipping on most orders to over 600,000 customers in 170 countries. It’s about doing what’s right for the customer, and that’s getting the order right and delivered on time every time.

I decided to kick them in the ass. I spend A LOT of money with them and I decided to see if my business was worth a squirt to them. I have been going back and forth with Sales@Mouser.com for the last 2 years and I was smoking pissed off yesterday after they told me it was my fault for choosing USPS as a delivery service. I pointed out that it was taking 2-3 days for them to get my order out the back door and Sales told me that that's how "The Process Works". I brought the above STATEMENT to their attention and told them, It doesn't matter WHICH delivery method I chose, my order should be out their back door in 15 fucking minutes as soon as they open for shipping. I took my complaints up the chain to the supervisors and kept up the pressure. I got the story of Growth of the company, and manpower shortage, and training but in the end, they agreed that none of that was MY problem and my business (although I'm one of the little guys), was important enough to them to refund my shipping ($7.99) to me..... I told them that after several years, and thousands of dollars that if I was only worth $7.99 to them to "Fuck Off, I'll use DigiKey from now on since they were the only ones who could get my order out in a TIMELY FASHION".

Well, they called me and apologized, and promptly refunded my $80 for the order I had placed Sunday (24/7 right???).

Don't take it in the ass..... Stand up and make these peoples live up to their crap statements or tell them you'll take your business elsewhere......

Take it up the "Chain Of Command" not up the keester...... That's my new motto... "Up the Chain, Not the Arse".

HUH???

HUH???

I wish this would have been one of my big orders....

As a side note, if you choose USPS, they pick up once a day, FEDEX leaves a trailer there and pics up 3 times a day...

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
They state that the cheap shipping gets the benefit of being processed the next business day. Order it at noon on Wed and they get around to processing it sometime Thursday and might miss the shipment time so it rolls outta there on Friday and I see it the following Wed or Thursday because they are using Mail Innovations where UPS ships to a central USPS mail innovations center in your area to be thrown into the Postal system.

WTF don't they just stuff it in a two day priority box and make folks happy. Another Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway Company making money for those that have the stock.

Now the free shipping from Digi-key (US and Canada) when an order is accompanied with a check (I include the state tax since it is a small number for measly orders) and the snail mail to Thief River Falls and return shipping is the same time as a Mouser web order with snail shipping at 5 bucks or so.

I just wish Digi-Key's website was a bit quicker when drilling down. But paying by check and of course the cost of a stamp and envelope makes ordering those last couple parts way better than paying 5 or more shipping on three 36¢ caps.

Last edited:

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
They state that the cheap shipping gets the benefit of being processed the next business day. Order it at noon on Wed and they get around to processing it sometime Thursday and might miss the shipment time so it rolls outta there on Friday and I see it the following Wed or Thursday because they are using Mail Innovations where UPS ships to a central USPS mail innovations center in your area to be thrown into the Postal system.

Not true. I just put in another order and FedEx and the USPS are the same price but FedEx gets picked up 3 times a day. I'm watching my order as we speak. I put in a Mouser order, and I put in a DigiKey order at the same time. The Digikey order has shipped already (I ordered at 4 pm Az time), and the Mouser order has just went to shipping. (I used FedEx this time. We'll see if it FedEx picks it up today.....

FedEx or USPS was $7.99 (small order with resistors/transistors Probably less that 2 lbs)....

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Sansui 5000A/X Amp boards

Been populating Sansui boards this afternoon, now if ONLY that Mouser order from Sunday makes it, I can finish these up. I did the schematic in CAD and then had the boards made..... The 40 year old (1970-1974ish) original boards were junk when they came out. I been using my Sansui 5000A receiver for a test mule and the first set of boards I made worked like a charm. I was watching the Monkeys trying to Etch a new set of boards and they look like ass so I did these.

5000X boards.jpg

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Now THATS funny.... Mouser upgraded my shipping to OVERNIGHT!!! for free... They must have recognized that the "Asshole" has ordered again......Haaaa...

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Mouser uses that delay in shipping at their discretion. I have had orders not picked and shipped until the next day using the USPS 5 buck shipping, I think. I would have to look at the orders to verify the price but I know it was the cheap stuff. But they can delay processing...From their site:

[h=3]SAME-DAY SHIPMENT[/h]Same-day shipment is available on most orders received in our warehouse, Monday through Friday, prior to 8 PM CST for UPS, FedEX, and DHL Shipping Methods.USPS Shipping Methods ship the Next Business Day.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Glad they are taking care of you. Squeaking wheel getting the grease. Hope it is long lasting grease and the parts show up in a timely manner. I just count on a 1 week delivery.

oldphaser

Chief Journeyman
Been populating Sansui boards this afternoon, now if ONLY that Mouser order from Sunday makes it, I can finish these up. I did the schematic in CAD and then had the boards made..... The 40 year old (1970-1974ish) original boards were junk when they came out. I been using my Sansui 5000A receiver for a test mule and the first set of boards I made worked like a charm. I was watching the Monkeys trying to Etch a new set of boards and they look like ass so I did these.

View attachment 31874
Perry,

Nice looking boards.
How much apiece did they cost to have fabricated?

Ed

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I have used Mouser a lot of times as well and I have never had a problem with their shipping and I am up in Chicago area. If you keep yourself busy and not stand there stamping your foot, they will get there faster- it will seem that way. If you need something next day then order it that way.

There is a lot of bad work going on in shipping no matter what company it is. USPS loses packages and then says they are delivered- typical government operation. Top heavy and probably hiring illegals. I think Cliff Clavin is probably the better stuff they have from what I have seen.

Fed Ex lost a package to CA and did not settle my claim. Do they think they will get more business from me in the future that way?

The only company that has not had any problems is a smaller one called Spee Dee Delivery service but the only do partial US coverage.

Be nice to your suppliers as they could disappear over night like Radio Shack. Remember when we used to be able to buy tape heads?

Tagline
---
I live in DFW... I can pick up will-call after a 45 min drive (no traffic) or I can wait at least a week for a Mouser order to come by any of their non rushed shipping options.

Digikey is always 2-3 days, funny how that is when they are in Mn

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
I live in DFW... I can pick up will-call after a 45 min drive (no traffic) or I can wait at least a week for a Mouser order to come by any of their non rushed shipping options.

Digikey is always 2-3 days, funny how that is when they are in Mn
Living in SE PA, when I discussed this someone said maybe it is further to Mouser than Digikey, explaining the extra 3 days or so that an order needs to arrive from Mouser. I checked and the distance was about 34 miles different. Apparently, Texas is still using horses and not pony express horses for those first 34 miles. I'm just glad the order doesn't take that 3 days for 34 miles average. I would have had to order last year.

WOPL Sniffer

Tagline
Screw it
Well, after getting some new Outputs, and putting another set of boards together, My Sansui 5000A is up and rocking. The new reproduction boards work excellent. I did good.

IMG_4772.jpg IMG_4766.jpg IMG_4771.jpg

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
If making your own boards why not make them for TO-220 Transistors rather than TO-66 or TO-3?
Got my Mouser order today. They did not come by transporter beam so it took some time. DigiKey is more expensive on most parts.

Tagline
---
Living in SE PA, when I discussed this someone said maybe it is further to Mouser than Digikey, explaining the extra 3 days or so that an order needs to arrive from Mouser. I checked and the distance was about 34 miles different. Apparently, Texas is still using horses and not pony express horses for those first 34 miles. I'm just glad the order doesn't take that 3 days for 34 miles average. I would have had to order last year.
I don't know what the deal is with with mouser and the UPS/USPS interaction, I think that is the main issue. I've followed the tracking and it reads that UPS has it for a couple days then they give it to USPS and for some reason that takes a couple more days. Either way I think they take their sweet time unless you rush it.
If I order caps from sonic craft in Wichita Falls TX it arrives next day in a flat rate box. So same price but its next day service from further away.
and it wouldn't be more than a day ride by horse to me anyway...

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
DigiKey is more expensive on most parts.
For some more costly items, it was worth it to me to check both Mouser and Digikey. When I recapped a couple Cary SLi-80s the large caps were purchased from Digikey at 49.15 each (1500µ/500V) and Mouser was at 75 each for them. This was both times a couple years apart and both companies had them in stock at the time.

Now the prices are reversed, Mouser is at 49.15 (Now non-stocked) and Digikey is at 65.35 (3 remianing). Quantity purchases by the vendor, time of purchase, both affecting their costs might have something to do with that or maybe Mouser saw Digikey's price and adjusted their selling price.

But generally, the parts are a bit less at Mouser.