Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

Bob Boyer

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Left Chattanooga at $2.84 for regular, been paying about $2.96 so far, with a stop at an interstate intersection costing $3.06 per gallon. Can't complain so far other than the <10 mpg I'm getting. Seems like you're always pulling uphill in the delta.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Left Chattanooga at $2.84 for regular, been paying about $2.96 so far, with a stop at an interstate intersection costing $3.06 per gallon. Can't complain so far other than the <10 mpg I'm getting. Seems like you're always pulling uphill in the delta.

I get 5.8 with my 2008 Chev with the big block....but then my Jayco has quite a high profile and Jani makes sure it's heavy...

Bob Boyer

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
---
Found $2.84 in the metroplex this afternoon. That's Chattanooga prices.

Edit: and yeah, we got the headwind to go with the hills today. More trucks than I cared to deal with on I-30 with that kind of wind but the trailer pulled like a champ.

J!m

Veteran and General Yakker
When I came back to NY from WV I was dragging a U-maul behind my Defender. Hardly noticed it even on the hills!

And got the usual 20mpg doing it.

It’s a miracle machine. 2.5l direct injected turbo diesel. Best engine they offered (they didn’t make it).

There is a 2.8l version with a variable cane turbo that is sweeeeet. But I honestly don’t need it.