Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

Wheel-right

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Man, Ya shoulda been here yesterday
Yep, hate to tell ya it's $2.39 out here now, unseen or unheard of price in many years. It's a shame I got no where to go...

Tagline
Retired
Fuel prices have been stable for the past couple days. $1.07 is the low for ethanol.

On the bright side, the stock market is rebounding today and some of those companies enjoying an uptick in their stock is some major oil producers.

I think the reason the pump price for fuel is holding could be because people have seized on the opportunity to fill up their tanks while the prices are low and the car is sitting in the garage with no place to go. At least I have enough gas on hand to mow my grass all summer.

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
4 different stations have unleaded regular @ $0.99 now. Shell is $1.04 but I expect it to drop below a buck in a few days ... I even saw E85 blend at $0.89 today.

Tagline
Retired
Gas has remained stable at $1.07 for ethanol the past four days. Only a couple have remained at least a dime higher. This might be because they are off the main highway through town.

Tagline
Retired
Gas took a price hike since yesterday. Only one still holding at $1.07, the rest are up around $1.17 / $1.19. I don't find any fault with these stations raising there prices since they all know what they need to sustain a profitable margin.
I heard Trump make one of his dumb answers to a question abound the falling oil market yesterday. He was asked what he was doing to help the oil companies. His reply: the US can buy their overflow or the US could store the oil for them since the government has capacity to store an additional 10 million barrels but the oil companies would have to pay rent to store their product.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
I'm not crying for the "Poor old oil companies" They have been scroggin us in the ass for a long time.... They can eat shit for a while. Sorry for the "Little Guy" but........

The company had a net income of $23.35 billion in 2018, followed by ExxonMobil with earnings of $20.84 billion, and Chevron with income of $14.82 billion. Shell had revenue of $388.4 billion for the full-year of 2018. While BP ranked second with $298.76 billion, ExxonMobil followed in third place with $290 billion.

Oil giants amass $1.6 trillion in total revenue in 2018

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
Topped off at the local Samsclub today, I’m just outside the perimeter of Atlanta. Most station are $.15-$.20 higher than this

Geegz

Journeyman
Tagline
---there is no replacement for displacement
That’s right, can go out today and get a tattoo, a mani-pedi and get a hair cut (J.K. the mani-pedi).
Monday we can go out and grab a burger and a beer, I live 1/3 of a mile from historic Marietta Square and we have a new brewery there as well!