Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

BlazeES

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
1549337528516.png

Something that has piqued my interest is the way that ever since oil jumped back to the low-to-mid 50s from the mid-to-high 40's, gas prices around here didn't jump on impulse. What I'm accustomed to - or maybe 'conditioned to' is more accurate - back in Cali dictates that whenever an Ayatollah farts, a refinery goes off-line or when oil simply jumps several bucks a barrel - all the gas stations waste no time doing the money grab and sticking it to the customer. Where down here - there's something else entirely different in play. Those prices listed above are pretty much where they've been for many weeks.

I find it unexpectedly sane.

Last edited:
Tagline
Retired
Prices have remained around $2.00 , give or take 3 or 4 cents. The local Shell stations are always higher priced, sometimes as much as 25 cents a gallon.

Skywavebe

Chief Journeyman
Tagline
Work too much
I use Gas Buddy all the time and no one has ever given me any trouble. The loaded .44 is ready anyway. Too many people are paranoid these days.
Yes, I know the NSA is tracking and recording calls- that is why the .44 is loaded.
Hey gas prices can go crazy all they want- I decided a long time ago that the next car would be a Tesla- the hell with oil eating cars- that is for the 19th century. The shell at the corner here is sometimes the lowest price in the area- lower than Safeway, Thorton and even BP. I don't mind shell gas- of course I do so much driving that I need gas about ever 6 weeks to 2 months now days. I saw it drop to below $2 one day. I grew up when it was $.33/Gallon. Hey with high technology it should be going down not up. Wait for Zero point devices to be released- then you will not be able to give gas away.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
I just want to meet a girl like the one in my avatar.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Unleaded Plus in the Mountain region is 88 octane - right ? I guess regardless, 1.61 is pretty low - especially for 'big brand' station.

VSAT88

Tagline
Like my BlueTooth ?
Yep, same here. Diesel about 3.25 a gal and reg ulead about 2.00. Regular seems to be going up and Diesel ain't dropping. Hate it for the trucker with what 200 gal or whatever fillups.

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
Up a dime a week or so ago and don't forget some areas of the country might have another increase in a month or so with the oxygenated fuels required for the smoggy areas. We still doing this, aren't we?