Gasoline prices Skyrocketing!

orange

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Ain't you near Bugtussle, Tony? You know Clampett territory :laughing9:

Nothing has changed in Ontario, and looking at Nampa and Caldwell, Idaho at about 25-40 cents less in the $2.80s I encouraged Mom to fill up there. Diesel is between $3.41-3.49 and my brother-in-law drives a Cummins Dodge.

Last edited:

8991XJ

Chief Journeyman
a week ago it was down to 2.35 but went up before I got there, now 2.39, but DE prices nearby are down to 2.31

BlazeES

Tagline
---
WTI still heading lower. Not what I expected. The prophets are saying gasoline below 2 buck/gallon in sight for many States by mid-December.

Gepetto

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Old 'Arn Enthusiast
WTI still heading lower. Not what I expected. The prophets are saying gasoline below 2 buck/gallon in sight for many States by mid-December.
Wants more money in hands of consumers for retail purchases this Christmas season.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
This is certainly an interesting fall. A lot of things affecting the price of crude negatively and very few(if any) to prop it up....

Tagline
Retired
This is certainly an interesting fall. A lot of things affecting the price of crude negatively and very few(if any) to prop it up....
Low $2.28 to $2.31, on Monday morning here in the far eastern side of Iowa on the Mississippi River. Trump is giving all the credit to the Saudi's for the low oil prices. Once again he's shooting from the hip and refusing to listen to his advisors before he opens his mouth.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
It's not the Saudis. He gave exemptions to 8 countrys to still buy Iranian crude. That's what the run up was all about, taking Iranian crude off the market. Now that isn't going to happen and there is too much crude on the market...an oversimplification, but that's the major factor.

orange

Tagline
Broken beyond repair but highly affable
Only two stations in town below $3 today, $2.97 and those are truck stops/'travel centers' i.e. Love's and Pilot.

Breaking the backs of the suppliers isn't helping anyone in the long term. Old Blondie is just trying to look useful again.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
Wants more money in hands of consumers for retail purchases this Christmas season.
Could very well be. It's nothing new to see gas prices fall post-summer/heading into the holidays for the very reason you describe...

but this drop feels different.

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Damn! I thought I was up early! LOL

Where does sour end up in the production stream? Tupperware? LOL
A lot of asphalt comes from Wyoming heavy sour. Some is cracked for fuels but the conversion is not as great as for sweet green hi gravity.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
I wonder what propane will be doing this winter. I do pre-buy in the summer. I think I paid around $2.50 a gallon.
It's always a gamble. Sucks when the price goes down. Great for times like when it went over $5.00 a gallon a few years back.

Tagline
Retired
$2.23 on the west edge of town. #2.29 on the north part of town. Not unusual for the difference in prices. We are on the border with Illinois where their gas prices are always higher, so the north part of town gets a lot of Illinois shoppers since we have to bridges, one in the north, the other in the south end of town.

Bradrock

Tagline
---I run with Scissors
We only have two gas stations. Both owned by the same fellow. It's a monopoly!
But I can drive 20 miles to the state line & save ten cents a gallon. Full service & cash only. No checks, no plastic.

BlazeES

Tagline
---
A lot of asphalt comes from Wyoming heavy sour. Some is cracked for fuels but the conversion is not as great as for sweet green hi gravity.
Never knew that. So is that asphalt making it's way across the country or is it more localized to the western or mountain region states?