Fuse holders

Steve K

Journeyman
Tagline
---
I would like to replace the fuse holders and the RCA jacks on my 700b. I'm going to order some knobs from Antique Radio Supply and they also have fuse holders and jacks but I'm not sure if they would work. I'm trying not to pay shipping to two places but if I have to I will. Any thoughts?

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
Halfbiass...Electron Herder and Backass Woof
Yep, that worked...Let me measure some stuff....I do know you need 2 insulating washers on the RCA jacks...

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
The OD of the Switchcraft RCA jacks where they go through the insulating washers is .371

The OD of the fuseholders on the round part of the thread is .497, On the flat to the round thread OD is .462

laatsch55

Administrator,
Staff member
Tagline
I got the rca Jacks from.Mouser. Got the fuse holders from Ed. Use the Switch craft number I posted above in your Mouser search.

WOPL Sniffer

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Screw it
The fuse holders are pretty robust and were actually of good quality. Do they NEED to be replaced? Even the old ones clean up nice with a little elbow grease and some chemicals (for the fuseholders, not you). Get all the old solder and flux off and they are as good as new.

Steve K

Journeyman
Tagline
---
It's more a case of the knobs being worn out. There's not much there to get a good grip on. Can you buy just the knobs? This sure sounds like the making of a bad joke!

grapplesaw

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
---
I am using BUSSMANN HKP-CC 30A/250V FUSE CARTRIDGE HOLDERS i got off Ebay about $1 each. they take the AGC 1 1/4 long fuses but look like the original ones

10 lot here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BUSSMANN-HKP-PANEL-MOUNT-HOLDER-FOR-3AG-LOT-OF-10PC-/182040349441?hash=item2a62734b01:g:Bn0AAOSwHnFV0OC6