Free Cassette decks Kenwood, JVC, you pay shipping

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Note: 3/31/2014 These two decks are on their way to a new home.

I have a Kenwood KX3510 Auto Reverse Cassette deck for Sale. Parts or whole

It is a nice two head deck with auto bias, Dolby B and C. There are a few small scuffs and or scratches on the top of the case.

Free Plus Shipping costs.

K1.jpg

Note I didn't have the deck hooked up for audio in the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao46hkoSihc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oZycz-HAjo&feature=youtu.be

Details on the JVC to come.

JVC DD-VR77 Free plus shipping costs

The JVC is a DD-VR77 Direct Drive dual two head auto reverse deck. It has two issues that I know of. #1 the micro switches that detect the type of cassette are probably dirty as it doesn't always detect CRO2 From Metal etc. #2 although it is a direct drive it has one belt to power the supply capstan. It seems to be slipping so the forward direction the supply side drags on the take up side and in the reverse direction the tape sometimes bunches up out of the cassette because the takeup reel is not turning as fast as the supply side due to belt slippage.

It has a real time counter and call peak function along with a switchable MPX filter.

JVC1.jpg

JVC2.jpg

JVC3.jpg

JVC4.jpg

If someone wants both of them they can proabably be shipped in one box saving some of the shipping costs.

Last edited:

Northwinds

Veteran and General Yakker
Tagline
Fondler errrr... fan of all Nav's avatars
The JVC is a KILLER deck, I have a TD-V66 that I use in the garage but the display only lights up when it wants to. Same display on this series right? I use a VR5 in my main system for playback until I can get a belt for the Braun a/d/s C2/3

This is a borrowed image of the 66. They look like near identical decks except for a few more counter buttons!!!!!

Last edited:

NavLinear

I'm interested - I don't have enough stuff yet. This is awfully nice of you to offer this at no cost other than shipping. If it's a go I'll PM you my info and PayPal or ?? works for me in regards to shipping.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
The JVC is a KILLER deck, I have a TD-V66 that I use in the garage but the display only lights up when it wants to. Same display on this series right? I use a VR5 in my main system for playback until I can get a belt for the Braun a/d/s C2/3

This is a borrowed image of the 66. They look like near identical decks except for a few more counter buttons!!!!!

Yeah pretty close. JVC made quite a few decks that were nearly identical. Pretty cool JVC RTR Cassette tape too.

Last edited:

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I'm interested - I don't have enough stuff yet. This is awfully nice of you to offer this at no cost other than shipping. If it's a go I'll PM you my info and PayPal or ?? works for me in regards to shipping.
Are you in a rush to get them? I left them at work today where I have a better supply of packing materials. Do you have any preference for shipping methods? I am guessing that USPS Parcel post or it's equivalent would probably be the least expensive, but I can ship it wither Fed Ex ground or UPS ground too.

Why don't you pm my your address and I'll get you a shipping quote.

Thanks,

John

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
I Listened to the Kenwood for a few hours today at work and it sounded very good. I tried to listen to the JVC but the transport kept stopping or reversing and it thought my cro2 tape was a metal tape. I am pretty sure cleaning the leaf switches in the tape bay and a new belt should cure these issues.

For the price you can mokey around with them. I suppose I could have sold them on ebay for a few dollars, but I bought them both at thrift shops for very little so I will share the good fortune as I am trying to reduce my gear count.

Last edited:

NavLinear

I Listened to the Kenwood for a few hours today at work and it sounded very good. I tried to listen to the JVC but the transport kept stopping or reversing and it though my cro2 tape was a metal tape. I am pretty sure cleanign the leaf switches in the tape bay and a new belt should cure these issues.

For the price you can mokey around with them. I suppose I could have sold them on ebay for a few dollars, but I bought them both at thrift shops for very little so I will share the good fortune as I am trying to reduce my gear count.
Thanks John - this is very generous of you! Have I ever mentioned that this site and the members are way cool? BTW - I just PM'd you.

Nav

Nick Danger

That would be awesome if you got a working tape deck, Dennis! Have a couple of tapes I would like to send you.

NavLinear

That would be awesome if you got a working tape deck, Dennis! Have a couple of tapes I would like to send you.
Your last tape is way cool Doug and it has a couple of songs I've never heard that I really like. It will be nice to get a couple of working decks - thanks so much for the B-day gift you sent last year.

Nick Danger

Your last tape is way cool Doug and it has a couple of songs I've never heard that I really like. It will be nice to get a couple of working decks - thanks so much for the B-day gift you sent last year.
Cheers, Dennis! Got another one I will send out with you new MD player setup.

NavLinear

Note: 3/31/2014 These two decks are on their way to a new home.
They made it today and John did an excellent packing job! Both of these guys could have made it through the Gorilla cage and survived. I had forgotten which one you had problems with but I ran the JVC and it seemed to work fine - but I did notice the tape type switch modes a time or two. I'll run the Kenwood tomorrow but thanks so much for offering these up - the price was great!

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
They made it today and John did an excellent packing job! Both of these guys could have made it through the Gorilla cage and survived. I had forgotten which one you had problems with but I ran the JVC and it seemed to work fine - but I did notice the tape type switch modes a time or two. I'll run the Kenwood tomorrow but thanks so much for offering these up - the price was great!
Your welcome. :mrgreen: The JVC is the one that needs the leaf type switches cleaned as it does have trouble deciding what type of tape you have in the deck. It did work okay but if you have a somewhat sticky tape the supply capstan may bog down and stop. The Kenwood should work fine all the way around.