Forum screen size

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
How come I can't get the forum to fill my whole screen from side to side? I can with other forums, but when I try to expand this one it gets way too big and is shifted to the right hand side of the screen. I am using 1920 x 1080 for screen size. TH and ST seem to fill the screen side to side just fine. Is there a setting in the forum software so it displays best for a certain screen resolution? :reindeer:

I had the same issue. I just used CTRL + on the keyboard. It zoomed in and filled the screen nicely. My screen resolution is 1814 x 1014.

Web Police

Administrator
Staff member
Tagline
Moderate in Moderation
Thanks Broons, while that works just fine for TH and ST when I do that here it shifts the text off the right end of the screen.

I may have to switch to a lower resolution and try it. It looks like with Firefox I will be stuck with blank empty space on either side of the forum. :monkey:

It seems to work fine with Opera and Google Chrome and IE, but I can get Firefox to display it correctly. I amy have to un-install and re-install FF.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
Wellll..

Got some news. If you go into your user control panel, under board settings is a dropdown for "default style". The "AcidTech" style was another choice we were thinking about, but the lame part of it is that it makes the board look like an advertisement for "biohazard" (check it out... you'll see... :thumbright: ).

Take a peek at that style, or "prosilver".. "Prosilver" was the style "out of the box". Either one will stretch to your entire screen, so that's cool. But.. there's been some enhancements to the current "black pearl" style that I haven't gotten around to doing in the others (example.. you can't see the last active topic from the main page... just the last active board member... and you'll get overrun by "smileys" again when posting... BUT - that can be fixed :glasses3: ).

Hmm... maybe I'll pull out a poll here and you guys can vote on what you like best.

jbeckva

Admin/Server Dude MAA Guy
Staff member
Tagline
WassupYa Mang?
BroonsBane said:
jbeckva said:
Web Police said:
I tried the other themes but they are both horrible. :ugeek:
There's no hope for you, is there? (said "tongue in cheek"..)

So what's the deal now, 'olmes? :toothy10:
Decapitation seems like the only solution :whax:
Heheh.. nah seriously....

Tell you what. Head on over here and pick out what you like and feel most comfortable with. I'll install it for ya, no problem ('cept I'll plaster the logo on it, of course).

My aim's to please.. :thumbright:

http://www.phpbb3styles.net/